Cupra R splitter fitted to S-line bumper

mattandrew

Reaction score
After 6 weeks sitting in the shed, the weather was good today so finally decided to get the spoiler fitted.

3f74_1_sbl.jpg

The best place to get a splitter is form the Seat dealers as its cheaper that ebay Cupra R front splitter - 1ML 805 903 - £17.95

Firstly I trimmed the two middle legs as they were to long and also trimmed the tops of all the lugs with a stanley knife as they were about 1mm to high as this would have caused a gap between the splitter and bumper. I also cut a couple of V's out of the end of the splitter to enable the splitter to fit to the curve of the bumper. I positioned the splitter on the car and put a couple of self tappers in the middle. I stood back and realised the middle legs didn't line up with mine so had to adjust slightly. I then drill and screwed the splitter at various points around the splitter and finally cut the ends of which were to long.

21092008001.jpg

CIMG09761024x768.jpg

CIMG09741024x768.jpg

CIMG09831024x768.jpg

CIMG09771024x768.jpg

CIMG09781024x768.jpg

CIMG09811024x768.jpg

Most people wount notice but me been pickey I do but the splitter could have done with been a bit further back as you can see the top of the plastic

CIMG09821024x768.jpg

Some people may prefer the splitter further back or even further forward but think it looks about right, what do you think

Reactions: HHS3
spot on!
im hoping that i can get one to sit right on my cab, but the bumper is very rounded at the bottom so it might not be possible.

Looks great. Goes well with the optics grille.

Would like one myself but I don't think it worth it on a black car.

looks good matt.

I fitted mine yesterday too, but i actually put it a bit further back. would have put it in the same place as you did except for the bits where it curves back don't look quite right.

CIMG09821024x768.jpg

I've posted some pics of mine in this thread.

Not sure it works on the s-line bumper, it just looks a bit too 'stuck on' and the centre pegs don't line up to the existing ones on the bumper.

This splitter works really well on the MK4 Golf R32 bumper but on the s-line it's a thumbs down from me.

looks good but i think it could do with being a tad more back

That looks fantastic. The OEM-look mods are the best in my opinion; subtle but enough for other owners to spot!

What did you use to fix the splitter to the front bumper? Looks like self tappers?

Great looking car Matt. Splitter looks perfect very well suited.

What did you use to fix the splitter to the front bumper? Looks like self tappers?

As Jax as already said, I used self tappers. drilled a pilot hole first then screwed em in. They hold it in place a treat until I end up ripping it of on a speed bump or dip in the road.

The underneath of the bumper was already covered in scraps, theres a lot of county roads around where I live and it caught before I fitted the splitter. Just gona have to turn the music up a notch now, at under £20 its not expensive to replace

Cool thanks for that info mate!!

Going to have a bash making a custom front splitter for my S3, the standard Cupra R front splitter doesnt look rite so im going to have a play around and see what I can sort out!!

Jonny

love your A3 mate. LCR Splitter looks like it was made for S-Line bumpers, everything about it lines up and matches perfectly.

looking good mate, i'm fitting mine some time this week. Agree that further back would be a tad better, although as most would agree its all about taste.

i think its posistioned perfectly. no offence to marc but imo his sits too far back.

Mikey, you're right that Matt's is the right distance forward and I would have put mine there too except for the centre bit doesn't sit quite right due to it not being designed for the A3. It needs to be that little bit further back to make it look like it is supposed to be there.

hi mate good job with the splitter, just waiting for mine to arrive at the moment. What colour lamin-x did you have at the front as i think it would suit my silver A3.

Also have you had the rears tinted if so pics if possible please:icon_thumright:

Looking good mate! Spec list in your sig must be worth the price of a small car!! All worth it IMHO!

As per I'mRonBurgundy post
Would like one myself but I don't think it worth it on a black car.

I also want one, but not sure on the black, however I have a cunning plan which includes Audi's in the Park :idea:

hi mate good job with the splitter, just waiting for mine to arrive at the moment. What colour lamin-x did you have at the front as i think it would suit my silver A3.

Thanks, when fitting just remember to trim all the raised bits on the top of the splitter so it sits flush with the bottom of the bumper.
TINT

1 x Audi A3 (06-) Lighting Kit (A007)
Foglight Color Tint
Head Light Color Tint
Spray Bottle 12oz Spray Bottle
Vinyl Protectants (Sentinel) 2oz

Also have you had the rears tinted if so pics if possible please:icon_thumright:

No i havent tinted the rears, Blazin on forum has spray tinted his rear lights

Looking good mate! Spec list in your sig must be worth the price of a small car!! All worth it IMHO!

As per I'mRonBurgundy post

I also want one, but not sure on the black, however I have a cunning plan which includes Audi's in the Park :idea:

It looks good on black as it finishes the bumper of.

i did tint them but after a couple of week i put them back to normal they were to dark although i may try again with subtle tint lamin x if i dont like it il rip it off.....

Reactions: Mike X
Hello people ! can i just ask how have you mounted this is it just a case of screwing it in position? and people who have put it further back do you have to cut the back edge to line up with the shape of the back of the bumper/wheel arch

Shoot!! sorry now had time to read original post there i see my questions are answered,i am at work so trying to not get caught thats why i didnt read it first time.:lazy:

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but I'm currently fitting this to my 04 single grill a3 sport.. can you tell me if it will fit as easily as this has? And what length self tappers are best to use?Thanks guys!

One of the best value mods ive done on my car gives it a more unique look when parked next to other 8p2 s line a3's