AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 149

Thread: YU51UF O

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71

    YU51UF O **PHOTOSHOOT PICS ADDED**

    Hello peeps just joined up and thought id come and introduce myself. Heres pics of my car. Its not finished yet but come a long way in little time. Coments welcome 8)
    heres how it started...needed a daily so this came up and bought it, idea was to leave it standard :lol:








    then edition, westside and players were round the corner so i had to stop being lazy and do something so i called Herj at Di-nateK and soon we had this...




    a pic from Westside. Big bum pic love the slight camber!


    Some of the pics from players...none are mine, thanks to everyone who took them. For players i had the front done and the audi badge on the back













    BIG shouts to Jeremy at Just Mats, Ruben at Tuning Werks, Herj at Di-nateK and the lads down at Venom
    thanks for looking 8)
    Last edited by YU51UF O; 5th October 2008 at 20:23.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Some suny sunday pics







    Mo 8-)

  4. #3
    B17AVM's Avatar
    The Whoa

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    94
    Hi mate, Like what you've done with it! Not seen something like that on a 8P.
    Get a Milltek on the back and will look scweet!

    Whats your wheel size / ride height?

    Bhav
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI

  5. #4
    Boydie
    Guest
    Copying the MK5 Golf??

    Don't know if that suits the colour of the car to be honest but like the rims! Needs to be lowered more

  6. #5
    ADEY's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Skegby - Notts
    Posts
    245
    its the same model/colour as mine
    well done on a different transformation
    A3 2.O TDI 170 S-LINE

  7. #6
    L60N
    Guest
    Hmmmmmm.

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by B17AVM View Post
    Hi mate, Like what you've done with it! Not seen something like that on a 8P.
    Get a Milltek on the back and will look scweet!

    Whats your wheel size / ride height?

    Bhav
    thanks Bhav. the wheels are 9"J back and 8.3/4"J front ET is 52 i think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Copying the MK5 Golf??

    Don't know if that suits the colour of the car to be honest but like the rims! Needs to be lowered more
    thanks mate...not copying it just you cant see the pearl in the white...when the sun hits it, it goes blue like the car...needs to be seen.

    i am waiting to get the coilies then hello floor lol

    Quote Originally Posted by ADEY View Post
    its the same model/colour as mine
    well done on a different transformation
    thanks mate yup 140 sport DSG

    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Hmmmmmm.
    very marmiteish

  9. #8
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,082
    Did you roll the arches at all or just used adjustable rear arms for camber so tyres dont rub?

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  10. #9
    L60N
    Guest
    Respect mate, youve done a lot of work and it looks done well. Just cos i dont like it doesnt mean anything. Im all for free thinking

    I dislike cnuts who shoot someones work in flames.

  11. #10
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Where did you get the wheels from? Are they Porsche fitment with adapters?

    Think it could look awesome once its properly low etc etc..

    Good start!
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  12. #11
    Boydie
    Guest
    You can buy those wheels in replica form - a friend had them on his TDI ibza FR which did the rounds in the Euro Scene

  13. #12
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    Did you roll the arches at all or just used adjustable rear arms for camber so tyres dont rub?
    no rolling yet mate. thinking of going wider then i can get them rolled.

    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Respect mate, youve done a lot of work and it looks done well. Just cos i dont like it doesnt mean anything. Im all for free thinking

    I dislike cnuts who shoot someones work in flames.
    thanks mate. Works all been done by my mate Herj at Di-nateK. When it comes to bodywork he knows his stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Where did you get the wheels from? Are they Porsche fitment with adapters?

    Think it could look awesome once its properly low etc etc..

    Good start!
    yup porsche fitment RH's with adapters mate. I think style dynamix do them. thanks yup aim is to get it lower...had another idea with the car so might be changing but im keeping the wheels after all the headache i had with polishing the dishes and building the wheels. Oh and i think they sit just right on the car too

    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    You can buy those wheels in replica form - a friend had them on his TDI ibza FR which did the rounds in the Euro Scene
    yup you can get reps too. these are 2 piece splits but i think keskin do a 1 piece version that has a splitty look to them.

  14. #13
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Nice car looks great. Not a big fan of these deepdish alloys but for yours il make it an exception... because it looks great. nice colour combo going on

  15. #14
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    881
    love it!!!
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

    Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

  16. #15
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 19th March 2009 at 22:48.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  17. #16
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,087
    Different...liking the wheels and the colour, the front, well not really sure what to say on it really, it is marmite, but cant decide whether i like it or not....but respect goes out to you for trying it...keep it up!!

  18. #17
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    437
    Nice one for going for a different look buddy-I like!
    A3 3.2 Q SPORT DSG Now...Edition 30 Golf GTI

  19. #18
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Not feeling it at all sorry.

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    Nice car looks great. Not a big fan of these deepdish alloys but for yours il make it an exception... because it looks great. nice colour combo going on
    thanks mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    love it!!!
    thanks buddy

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    Not keen on the blue myself, but I never have liked pale blue cars, so no surprises there. It does look well done, and seems to pull it off quite well.

    With being from a VW background I love the stretched look on the tyres too, it looks great mate!
    thanks mate, glad you like it. It does get alot of mixed oppinions. Same here VW background...does it show lol

    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Different...liking the wheels and the colour, the front, well not really sure what to say on it really, it is marmite, but cant decide whether i like it or not....but respect goes out to you for trying it...keep it up!!
    haha thanks mate...does get a few others mixed up lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes G View Post
    Nice one for going for a different look buddy-I like!
    thanks mate. wait till the coilies are on then ill see how close i can go to the ground

    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Not feeling it at all sorry.
    no worries mate, you win some...you loose some

  21. #20
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,806
    Looks good not really into the deep dish alloys. But pulls it off on your car
    And defo different with the two different colours looks good must say

  22. #21
    dsl55's Avatar
    exploring other avenues

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    254
    fair play for doing something a bit different with an A3, seen it at edition, looked cool if a little high but the coilies on the way so that will help.

    the wheels absolutely rock, seen a similar set on a TT. One of the ed38 crew had similar style on his A3

    2008 pre facelift 2.0 TDi 140 S-Line A3 Ibis
    2008 new model 2.0 TDi 140 SE A4 Quartz Grey for family wheels

    '60's bug in the pipeline!!

  23. #22
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Looks good not really into the deep dish alloys. But pulls it off on your car
    And defo different with the two different colours looks good must say
    thanks mate

    Quote Originally Posted by dsl55 View Post
    fair play for doing something a bit different with an A3, seen it at edition, looked cool if a little high but the coilies on the way so that will help.

    the wheels absolutely rock, seen a similar set on a TT. One of the ed38 crew had similar style on his A3

    thanks mate. Cant tell you how much hassel it was to build these wheels lol. Must say they look good when the sun hits them and the pearl blings

  24. #23
    Low life livin' the high life.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,638
    Certainly a very individual look! I've often been annoyed at seeing some one in a very similar car to myself..... Definitely not a problem you'll face anytime soon!
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

    For Sale:

    S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

  25. #24
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,087
    Im sure there is an 8L A3 driving around with the same wheels as yours in white as well...

  26. #25
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    Certainly a very individual look! I've often been annoyed at seeing some one in a very similar car to myself..... Definitely not a problem you'll face anytime soon!
    yup wont be seeing anyone copying my car hopefully

    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Im sure there is an 8L A3 driving around with the same wheels as yours in white as well...
    i have not seen it or herd of it yet mate

  27. #26
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    some pics i took today, coments welcome as usual.
    still need to get a new lense but this one will do for now.










    thanks for looking,
    Mo B)

  28. #27
    GarethB's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    good pics, i'm loving the wheels
    A3 - 2.0TFSI - S-Line - S-tronic - 224.7BHP and no mods yet!

  29. #28
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    thanks mate. thought id do something a little different to the a3

  30. #29
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,806
    Car looks good...Good photo skills mate

    Ashley

  31. #30
    hatmeow's Avatar
    Turbo is the only way....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    247
    Looks super with the low height and the wheels. Very unique with the white contrast.... but the white roof on the pale blue does not do it for me...maybe if part of the bonnet was painted in white as well like some of the GTIs?
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

    Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

    Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

    Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

  32. #31
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    111

    No No No

    Sorry those wheels are bloody awful - looks like they belong on a chavvy Corsa or similar .

    Just my opinion of course......
    Audi A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI 170 - Lava Grey, Rear parking sensors, Symphony II+, Aluminium Trim

  33. #32
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Car looks good...Good photo skills mate

    Ashley
    thanks mate

    Quote Originally Posted by hatmeow View Post
    Looks super with the low height and the wheels. Very unique with the white contrast.... but the white roof on the pale blue does not do it for me...maybe if part of the bonnet was painted in white as well like some of the GTIs?
    thanks mate...its still to go lower once i get the suspension on. the white bits are pearl blue so when the sun hits it they go blue like the car...ill try and take some pics for you to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Markm49 View Post
    Sorry those wheels are bloody awful - looks like they belong on a chavvy Corsa or similar .

    Just my opinion of course......
    lol very far from chav these wheels mate but thanks for your opinion

  34. #33
    Gti Jazz Blue's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654
    Hmm not to my taste but well done on doing something different.



    Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

    VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

  35. #34
    kaz219's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Liverpool Uni
    Posts
    1,796
    Im not too sure n the colour scheme (blue with the white) but looks pretty good!

    something diffferent :P

    Its growing on me :D

    Loving the the front gril though

    Gud luck with the rest of the mods
    :D
    Last edited by kaz219; 25th October 2008 at 01:03.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

    For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

  36. #35
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,087
    Hey Yusuf, was good to meet you at the meet in Cov on Wednesday, car looks even better in the flesh...

    Nilz

  37. #36
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    thanks for all the replys peeps.

    ok over the winter months the car was made to look a little more normal and then bought some wheels off a good mate and ended up with this




  38. #37
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    nicer and less shouty IMO.

  39. #38
    Bugsy_27's Avatar
    Vorsprung Durch Technik

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by YU51UF O View Post


    I prefer it like this mate but good on you for trying something different. Are you keeping it like this or got more plans for it? I think tints would set it off nicely!
    Audi A3 2.0tdi S Line - Xenons, RNS-E, Bose, Black & Grey duo leather, MY11 rear lights, Shark Performance remap 183 bhp, Optics Grill with American plate delete, S3 Pedals, S3 vents, Weitec Coilovers, MY11 Black Edition FBSW

  40. #39
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,224
    I agree, it's much better like this now.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.



    Gone but not forgotten

  41. #40
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    thanks for the replys peeps.

    i know the blue and cream was very marmite-ish but when i was doing it thought why the hell not...all fun at the end of the day eh.

    I must say i like the merc rims alot. Just need to get the coilies on so i can go lower and awaiting the delivery of some spacers for the rears.


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO