S3 Dump valve

wesley

Reaction score
Hi all,has anyone got a link to a vid with an 8p s3 running a forge dump valve by any chance as i want to get a D/V fitted but not sure which one to go with,any suggestions would be appreciated cheers.

By D/V do you mean dump valve or diverter valve?

Dump valves dont work well with our engines/computer afaik, but it makes chicks wet...so..it's your call in the end of the day.

Hi
The 2.0T ones can run the dump valves OK
No worries on that one
Have a look on Forge Motorsports web site , as I do know they do have quite a bit of info on there , they also do the adjustable one too
Sarah

Surely the S3 has a dump valve already? Why would you want to fit another one, unless you wanted that rather chavvy 'psssssst' sound :blink:. Leave it for the Scooby/Evo brigade IMHO ;).

Phil

There is mostly just the Forge DV to fit. The latest revision doesnt tear as easily as the old one, and there have quite a few reports of Forge valves which got stuck open or closed. I am keeping with the stock DV for now, while I'm under motorplan I will just get it replaced at Audi when it (if) it breaks.

Surely the S3 has a dump valve already? Why would you want to fit another one, unless you wanted that rather chavvy 'psssssst' sound :blink:. Leave it for the Scooby/Evo brigade IMHO ;).

Phil

It has a diverter valve, instead of venting excess boost to atmosphere (for pssst) it returns it. You can add the Forge spacer which vents and makes that noise, but the amount of air in the system is metered - so if you vent some air the car will be running lean for a little bit every time you vent (ie change gears)

Hi
The 2.0T ones can run the dump valves OK
No worries on that one
Have a look on Forge Motorsports web site , as I do know they do have quite a bit of info on there , they also do the adjustable one too
Sarah
Do they sound good sarah and do they affect the performance at all?

By D/V do you mean dump valve or diverter valve?

Dump valves dont work well with our engines/computer afaik, but it makes chicks wet...so..it's your call in the end of the day.
Meant a dump valve boggysv

?? ...ermm,how come mine makes this phsssst noise (i don't think its quite as noticable as the Scoobies and Evo's)

Im running the standard OE diverter,but the noise started happening immediately after installing the Forge CAI.

Theories? Does anyone else with a CAI notice this?

?? ...ermm,how come mine makes this phsssst noise (i don't think its quite as noticable as the Scoobies and Evo's)

Im running the standard OE diverter,but the noise started happening immediately after installing the Forge CAI.

Theories? Does anyone else with a CAI notice this?

You will just be hearing the turbo spooling through the new filter as theres less restriction etc now.

I heard the turbo spooling when i had the map put on,it's a different sound to the one i'm hearing now,this one's much louder and a different pitch,it's a definite whoosh,usually when i come off the gas to change gear?

It has a diverter valve, instead of venting excess boost to atmosphere (for pssst) it returns it. You can add the Forge spacer which vents and makes that noise, but the amount of air in the system is metered - so if you vent some air the car will be running lean for a little bit every time you vent (ie change gears)
If you dump some air, you'll be running rich, not lean...