How much did your dealer ask for a deposit on your s3?

nshort10

Reaction score
hi guys, was down at audi placing my order last nite so its out the way and everything seemed ok. Untill i looked at the spec sheet and seen the sales person didnt put front pdc on.
Phoned her this moring and she was telling me they are looking for more money for the deposit????

Ive already given them £500, but she wants more because of the extras. Dnt see why they are wanting more?

ive put the mtm kit on, but they dont have to order that till when the car arrives. :think:

Just want to see what other dealers have asked from you?

Same here 1K deposit

What MTM kit have you put on ?

Richard

Only £500 for me and as you can see mine was well specced and ordered 4 months in advance.

I must have been lucky then, or is it because the economy is so sh*t now and not that bad when I ordered?

I must have been lucky then, or is it because the economy is so sh*t now and not that bad when I ordered?

To be honest I don't think it actually matters to them how much to pay so much. When I went to collect my car the dealer I sold my previous car to hadn't actually sent the cheque so they didn't even have a deposit and didn't even realise until they asked me to pay full price and I kicked off.

Same as Jamie, no deposit for me, as they made a **** up with the quote :rolleyes:.

Phil

just at the dealer on the phone today and was how do i put it.....very interesting and strange!

The salesperson said due to the amount of extras (e.g bucket seat, sat nav, ipod, sunroof etc) that i would have to increase my deposit by £4500 to make a total deposit of £5000. And then i would have to pay for the MTM tuning (wheels, chip, brakes and exhuast) which is a few grand up front!

Told her i wasnt impressed and if this is the case i will take my business else where. I wasnt made aware of this when i signed the order so should the order stil stand the way it is?

Spoke to one of the guys in the showroom (friend of my brothers) and he said that they have two options.

1- Go ahead with the order the way it is because you have already signed and agreed to pay for car.

2- they can cancel your order, get my £500 deposit back and in return take my business else where....

hope that helped with a few questions with the mtm kit.

My dealer is carryn out all the work and it is all under warrenty which is gd to know if anything goes wrong with the car

cheers guys