Reaction score
Hi just a quick question about headlight part numbers

hi have a replacement headlight for my a3 and the part number is

8PO941004A ,,,, 8 PO 941 004A with spaces

ABCD0019.jpg

the only difference in this light to the one on my car is the last letter,

mine is 8 PO 941 004C

IMG_2613-1.jpg

could the one with the letter A be for a left hand drive car?

thanks

Richy :eiertritt:

I'll check......................

Just confused myself, brb

Okkkkkkkkkkkkk finally.............

Ok lets get this right for the 4th time lol sorry, there's a difference in ETKA, they have LHD which is left hand drive & then they also have Left Hand Traffic which are infact opposites of eachother.

Your C version is of course RHD/Left Hand Traffic, the A version is LHD/Right Hand Traffic, your C version has now been superseded to an L where as the A is now superseded to a K

so you need the L one or another C version.

hold on I'm lost here, so you say the light with the letter A is for left hand drive and is no good to replace the letter C Light? :huh:

now u got me questioning myself again, lol, yes you're right you cant replace C with A technically, upto you of course but light angles when MOT probably wont pass.

You need either another C or the superseded one L

You could just upgrade them both to xenon.

This is a bit of a coincedence but today I read an article about lights and basically the arrow is the thing you need to look at.

Below the E1 on the bottom pic is the arrow. If it points right (ie on the sticker, nothing to do with the car itself) it's for a RHD, left for a LHD, and a double ended (oohh err) means for both sides.

I'm a bit confused about the top pic though as it doesn't have an arrow at all and the impression I was given from the article is it's a legal requirement for the sticker to contain the arrow!