Watch out folks!!! (ebay related)

Seems he posts the sam add over and over again...... stolen to order maybe?
Have you seen the other posts about stolen cars?
S3's seem popular at the moment..... :(

Aye i did Jamie, i have just gutted out my Garage so i can either put her little A2 into it, or try and squeeze my A3 in. After her crashing escapades over the last 6 weeks last thing i need is a theft!!!

feel sorry for the lad who had his nicked this morning, what a country we live in.

Has anyone ever reported ebay items like this to the police???

I think they would probably dismiss it, but if there was members on here from his area they should look into it. This one is obviously dodgy as its the same add all the time, buyers are kept annonymous so he could be pushing the prices up himself. I asked if i could pick it up and he point blanked refused.

smells rotten, I bought mine off the guy from Germany. Paid the same kind of money for copies but felt better about it.

I think I might brand my mirrors with my reg plate... or is that too extreme??

Not extrame - I'm thinking about getting mine etched with a code relevent to me - reason not my reg as that was cloned a little while ago and has changed.... nice world we live in....

well if they are close enough to be nicking your mirror caps they will be close enough to read your reg, but I understand that branding them with the reg would be no good if you change your reg number.
Theres plenty of choice tho with what to label them with... ;)

I too noticed the ad was exactly the same as last one. Fancy a pair myself at some point but dont want to fund theft.

have a search for them in e-bay, German guy sells them for £99 with £15 shipping, these are obviously not stolen as he has loads of them. Seems decent enough and i can keep you posted as to the speed of delivery and standard of the wing mirrors. 100 % feedback so far for the guy.

How about etching part of your engine number into the mirror, something that relates to the car, thats not going to change??

How about etching part of your engine number into the mirror, something that relates to the car, thats not going to change??

This was mentioned months ago, when this dodgy cnut was first spotted.
I mark everything with a UV pen, at home.
I don't know if you get outdoor UV pens, so you could mark the exterior.
You'd maybe have to take the mirror apart and mark the interior.

Then again, it must be Audi owners demanding his supply, so it would appear 'we' are our own worst enemies.:crying:

It it's recorded delivery, surely it'd have the senders address on the package so could track him/her(you never know) down like that...

I agree with bowfer, best not buying from him. certainly if the metropolitan police are anything like Strathclydes, forget it.

steal peoples wing mirrors = who cares
drive without a seat belt = £40 fine and a tongue lashing!!!

I had to phone 999 on Sat morning, as some knobber taxi driver was following my 8 month pregnant wife around in an intimidating manner (flashing lights/hard up her car's ****).
Definitely following her, as she deliberately started 'aimlessly' driving around housing estates to try and shake him.
She was absolutely terrified.
The coppers have still do anything about that.
So, seriously, what they going to do about some cnut on ebay?

And they wonder why vigilante justice is on the increase.:tocktock:

(Little does the taxi driver concerned know I am pretty well connected in taxi circles and found out where he lives within the hour...)

Are you going to pop round with the boys for a cuppa?

I had to phone 999 on Sat morning, as some knobber taxi driver was following my 8 month pregnant wife around in an intimidating manner (flashing lights/hard up her car's ****).
Definitely following her, as she deliberately started 'aimlessly' driving around housing estates to try and shake him.
The coppers have still do anything about that.
So, seriously, what they going to do about some cnut on ebay?

And they wonder why vigilante justice is on the increase.:tocktock:

(Little does the taxi driver concerned know I am pretty well connected in taxi circles and found out where he lives within the hour...)

What! and they have not done any thing yet they being serious!
That most of been terrible for her. sorry to hear that...
But on a serious level now if the police dont do any thing withing the next few weeks i'd find out myself why he was following my 8 month pregnant wife around.

Glad you got the address always good to have contacts as i've found out specialy withing the p****e force. Had a few dodge cars follow me! Since i've been driving this a3.
Hope it all gets sorted soon. and doubt police would do any thing about ebay crime. all they want to do is pull people over, give fines out and be knobs. I watched three bmw police cars other week block a road to have a chat and then speed off. As one had to turn around stuck on the lights and sped off and turned them off. Easy doing 60+ in a 30 zone.
w**kers

Had you mentioned "He has something that looks like a gun" in your 999 call, coppers would have come up out of cracks in the earth and the sky would have been full of helicopters. Mind you the taxi driver would have been shot dead on sight.....

I watched three bmw police cars other week block a road to have a chat and then speed off. As one had to turn around stuck on the lights and sped off and turned them off. Easy doing 60+ in a 30 zone.
w**kers

Indeed. Read this for more proof if needed.