wheel sizes

Grunty87

Reaction score
I'm new to A3's so bear with me.

I've just bought a 2.0tdi sport, 04. It's currently got 17's on it.

I was wondering what the general consensus was on wheel sizes. I will be changing them but am unsure whether to go for 18's or 19's. I will be lowering the car, most likely on coilovers. The problem I have is I'm woried if I put 18's on i end up regretting it if they look small. Will 19's cause any prroblems or require any arch work?

Also i've seen some BBS LM replicas that look pretty decent. Whats the opinions on the replicas? Other option was RS4 reps, I love the look of these but there seem to be a lot of them about.

Cheers

I have 19x8 et50 with 235/35/19 tyres lowered on coilovers 40mm all round with no rubbing issues at all except when full lock left the tyre rubs on the top of the shock

the offset for the a3 is et45-55 so anything in between there and you will have no problems!

coilovers - if you can afford them, get KW's

Replica's - if you want them, go for them. I would get replicas if they came about!

Cheers for the reply. You're car looks great by the way. I was wondering what size your wheels were but that's answered.

I think it has to be 19's really.

thanks mate - as long as you lower the car 19s will look well!

Deffo go for the 19s as they really do look good, but you need to lower it to get the look right. With the offsets a 19x8 can go as low as ET45, but if it is 19x8.5 I would only go down to ET50 as you will get rubbing with ET45 on a 8.5 width wheel. Especially if you lower it.

I would steer clear of the RS4 reps as they have been done to death. The LM reps are the best bet, but most of them are 19x8.5 ET45 so be careful. The ones we have where ET45 and very close without lowering the car. We will eventually get some ET48 or 49 done, but we don't know when yet.

If there is anything I can help with just PM me.

John

Does anyone know the size of the whhels on the below car. It's Red Head's on here I believe. I have sent a PM but haven't heard anything back yet so just wondering if anyone could shed any light? Thanks

a3withlmreps.jpg

they are 19x8.5 - she is a friend of mine so I will text her to get a reply to you

She is trying to sell her A3 at the minute but she is keeping the coilovers and wheels!