What's 'special' about my car??

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright guys, just a quick question some of you may be able to answer...

I've got a 2007 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro in avus silver which i bought as an Audi demonstrator. The logbook and online reg checker states the car as an SE (special edition)... But i'm not sure why the car is a special edition.
My hunch is that the A3 was available for a limited period with pearl paint and BOSE thrown in on the S-Line at a reduced cost as a package, is that right? And if so, what else is supposed to be special about it??! Anything?!
Also does anyone know how many were produced or how limited the run was?

Just want to know out of curiosity more than anything!

Thanks in advance.

Paul. :hi:

Alright guys, just a quick question some of you may be able to answer...

I've got a 2007 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro in avus silver which i bought as an Audi demonstrator. The logbook and online reg checker states the car as an SE (special edition)... But i'm not sure why the car is a special edition.
My hunch is that the A3 was available for a limited period with pearl paint and BOSE thrown in on the S-Line at a reduced cost as a package, is that right? And if so, what else is supposed to be special about it??! Anything?!
Also does anyone know how many were produced or how limited the run was?

Just want to know out of curiosity more than anything!

Thanks in advance.

Paul. :hi:

I had the same car, ie A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Special Edition, the only real difference between it and the normal S-Line is it had full leather instead of half. Any other extras were the same price.

Also it was cheaper as a whole package.

I had the same car, ie A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Special Edition, the only real difference between it and the normal S-Line is it had full leather instead of half. Any other extras were the same price.

Also it was cheaper as a whole package.

Thanks for that mate, appreciated. Mine also has the interior light pack, symphony and the useless eyesore that is the dash mounted GSM unit. Not sure which if any of these were also included in the package?

Hey mate. None of the additional options we're part of the s-line special edition.
I nearly got one as a company car but wasn't allowed any options in my budget - so I know what was free and what wasn't pretty well - even the paint wasn't free! I then worked out I could take the car allowance and get an S3 for the same outlay! RESULT!

As above its basically the full leather.

Later none Special Edition S-lines like mine came with full leather as standard

So the 'special edition' to clarify is.... a bit of extra leather to the seats thrown in!!... Wow those Audi boys don't mess about when it comes to making a car 'special' lol

Thanks guys!

A bit misleading actually.

The standard s-line at the time I think came with 2 s-line packages:
- s-line exterior
- s-line interior (still not full leather)

I think you could select either, so the special edition put them both together and added full leather, which I believe was around £1k.

What you got in the Special Edition was both s-line kits and the leather thrown in than it would have cost just for the s-line kits - so leather for free. It was a good deal in my book!

No its not just full leather. Before the S-line SE you could buy S-line but it only had half leather and no S-line exterior styling pack(bumpers, grill etc). The prices were £1000 for S-line spec, then another £1000 for the exterior styling kit and finally if you wanted full leather that was £750 to upgrade over the standard half leather. The special was released and you got all of the above for about £1500 instead of having to pay £2750 before the special edition was availablele.

I was reasonbly close then :yahoo:
As far as specials go - that ain't bad really - great sporty looking motor with full leather....! Not to be sniffed at

I had one and it was not a bad motor.

As has been said it had full leather, s-line styling inside and out.