Anybody know how to remove the airvents on the A3?

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
Is this an easy job? The airvents on the dashboard? I'm going to be fitting my Defi boost guage and OSIR opod and wanted to know if removing the airvent is a simple process? Any and all help will be highly appreciated....

yhst-48190566970365_2019_7740172

According to ELSAWIN:

Removing
– Turn ring 45° in clockwise direction.
– Use removal wedge -3409- to prise dash panel vent off dash panel.
– Pull vent out of dash panel by hand.

Installing
Installation is carried out in the reverse order, note the following:
– Turn ring 45° in clockwise direction.
When inserting dash panel vent in dash panel, make sure guide engages in recess.
– Push dash panel vent into dash panel as far as it will go.

The 45 degrees in the above notes starts with the dot on the ring at 12 o'clock. It would appear that there is a groove at the 9 o'clock position which needs to be lined up in order for the vent to come out.

According to ELSAWIN:

The 45 degrees in the above notes starts with the dot on the ring at 12 o'clock. It would appear that there is a groove at the 9 o'clock position which needs to be lined up in order for the vent to come out.

guess the program works ok then :rockwoot:

I changed mine for the oem S3 version some months back, they just pull out, just lever a thin screwdriver behind them & wiggle the buggers out side to side about 1-2 cm's & then pull out, thats what I did, no damage at all

Right click on the .exe file of the elsawin program in vista, click on properties then change the compatibility mode to windows xp sp2 and it should work. Apologies if already tried!

Make a small step-by-step if you can. I wouldn't mind having a stab at doing this too

step by step of the elsawin vista install or the vent change??

Here you go

untitled1.jpg

untitled.jpg

Ive got issues using Elasawin on Vista, it wount let me remove the trial period for some reason. Ive got it working on my XP no probs