e92 vs s3 with GIAC

Sohrob

Reaction score
got the use of a new m3 for the next few days from tomorrow so i guess i will have the task comparing them back to back with my brother!!! what a chore :)

will post up how the s3 does

should be very interesting!!!

haha dont worry im full aware i will get owned just gonna enjoy hammering it as it isnt mine!!!!

My moneys on the e92 all day long.

p
definitely but dont think there will be much in it till silly speeds are reached 130ish it should start pullin away

hopefully my pals will be out in there f430 and slr, will try get some vids although i dont have a clue how to post them!!!!

hopefully my pals will be out in there f430 and slr, will try get some vids although i dont have a clue how to post them!!!!

That would be nice.
I could bring my veyron and my lambo reventon, that i m hiding under my bed too :rockwoot:

definitely but dont think there will be much in it till silly speeds are reached 130ish it should start pullin away
:sadlike:
Sorry mate, but not going to happen..
The E92 M3 is a sub 10 sec 0-100 car and after that is when they really excell..
Remember the Mapped S3 v's RS4 thread and what people thought of how they would compare?..
Well this is what the E92 does to a RS4,
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=axb19DwhqUk
so don't think the S3 will stand much chance.. Sure if you get a less than capable driver in the M3 anything can happen, but like for like the M3 will have have the legs well before 130 mate..
I wouldn't fancy my chances against a well driven one, and I have Milltek and DSG on top of remap.. :(

:iagree:

Well put mate
Why thank you.. LOL
Seriously though, I for one am fully aware of what a remapped KO4 (S3/ED30/Cupra) can do to more exotic machinery and boy is it amusing sometimes. But I just think the new M3 is just out of our 'pick on' range unfortunatly. Not to say there won't be plenty out there with numptys behind the wheel who you can still easily leave with yolk dripping off there face. But if you come across one with a capable driver, it's going to end badly.. No harm in trying though.. lol;)

IMG_5418.jpg

Still need to have a play with these two.. ;)

I have to admit, everyt ime I pop round to see Jonny I have twinge of jealousy at that M3 on the drive!
Lovely looking car!

Just driven the m3 to work and although i havent had a go against my s3 there is nooooooooooooo chance lol.

Doesnt actually feel mega quick but it hits 80 so fast it untrue,its only when you approach a bend or roundabout you realise how quick your going.

The brakes are phenomenal and the grip is immense, compared to my brothers m3 is does feel slightly numb but is a much comfier and safer car.

And for the people making the silly comments about drug dealing etc my pals were lucky enough to setup a mobile phone upgrade company and have earnt there money the right way!!!!

gallardo at 20,997 turbo at 21 and an f430 spider at 23 he has done well.

Not one of these cold caller companies, that slams people and ports them without there consent I hope, or offer HUGE cash back deals and then disappears without a trace????
Drive me mad, and I work for a mobile network, so find it quite funny when they call my company paid phone advising I'm eligible to upgrade, and did I know I could get a better deal on this other network..... They soon hang-up when I start explaining who they called!!!

No hence why he has been in business a number of years now, do you work for one of these networks who charge astronomical amounts for overseas calls and txts? And who also offer an appauling service?

People can make money without being bent you know!!!

Yep :blush:
But the majority of negative experiences are as a result of indirect channels!

With regards to Roaming pricing - EU prices are regulated by OFCOM and all networks are compliant. The network I work for has the best value roaming prices for the rest of the world.
Ohh and we also score best for Customer Satisfaction

Anyway, I wasn't implying you're friends a dodgy outfit, I was asking if that was the sort of operation he runs. Tehy are causing the industry a bad name.
We work with a handful of indirect partners that are very VERY good at what they do and have therefore got robust agreements to work more closely with them.

I wasn't meaning to offend - just asking!

You shuold get them to bring there toys to the Regal day anyway sohrob - be nice to see an SLR up close!

Dont think that you should be advertising the fact that he was involved in that!

his car wasnt,they were running 2 997 turbo's but incidently they were cleared as the other vehicle crossed onto there side of the road.

Still a sad story but the driver crossed onto there side of the road.

his car wasnt,they were running 2 997 turbo's but incidently they were cleared as the other vehicle crossed onto there side of the road.

Still a sad story but the driver crossed onto there side of the road.

Thats good to hear, lol i thought like Jonny "WTF is he doing pasting that :uhm::uhm:!"

Ha, well, going by what you said above I thought it has to be Orange.

Ive been with all of the main providers and Orange are streets ahead in terms of the whole experience. Fact :beerchug:

Nice of you to say mate.
Customer Experience is my focus, but for business customers, not consumer.
You have PM mate

I wish our Orange business account was as good as this chaps...
Was on Vodafone for 5 years and now switched to Orange and the coverage is awful!!! I must lose about 3-4 phone calls a day and when you're working on the road speaking to clients all day, it gets a tad embarrassing, not to mention unprofessional..
Might be my phone, who knows. But it gets on my tits I know that..
Anyway, back on subject... lol

Was on Vodafone for 5 years and now switched to Orange and the coverage is awful!!! I must lose about 3-4 phone calls a day and when you're working on the road speaking to clients all day, it gets a tad embarrassing, not to mention unprofessional..
Might be my phone, who knows. But it gets on my tits I know that..
Anyway, back on subject... lol

PM me your account details and the phones you use and I'll look in to it mate.

Bad day??? You're smoking round in a E92 M3 ***... :lmfao:;)

Bad month lol,just when i thought things were getting better in the states the Lehman brothers go tits up!!!

This aint helping me buy an m3 lol!!!!!!!

PM me your account details and the phones you use and I'll look in to it mate.
Would have to get them mate, as one of the girls in accounts at the office deals with it all..
All I know is I keep losing phone calls... :sob: Got a LG Viewty if that makes a difference (been fine on everything else). But one of my mates has recently changed to Orange also and he's not impressed!
Suprised really, as thought most big Networks must have similar coverage really...?:uhm:

I would suggest it could be the phone mate, purely as i have found Orange to be 100% reception outdoors all over the UK. That is to say ive never had no reception outdoors.

LG phones are a bit naff in my experience when it comes to signal, my Girlfriend has got one and never gets signal at my place, put her sim in mine and I get 4 bars.. If that helps at all??

It's a common story with devices from all manufacturers I'm afriad.
I won't name in shame, but as jonny says, you can drop calls everywhere on one device and be fine on another.
Vtec - drop me a line when you get the details and I can have a look for you.

As L60N mentioned, most networks have pretty much equal coverage, though can be fine tuned - again let me kow where you're having problems and I can look in to it.

I may regret this hey

Cheers mate..
I'll give it a bit more time and try another phone and if problems persist, drop you a line mate..
Cheers,
Ben..

Decided to give myself the day off and spend it ******* around with the n3 and s3.

£110 worth of fuel put in both cars they both got hammered (i dont think i have ever hit the limiter so much)

The amount of grip the m3 has in the dry is unreal (19s) and the pilot sport tyres are brilliant, managed to figure out all the settings and pretty much had it on full power and m mode all the time (at low speeds m mode is to jerky). Low down the m3 is lazy but hit 6300rpm and it just flies round to the limiter. Upto 60ish there isnt a massive difference but after that the m3 really starts to pull away. All in all a fun day and the first time i have got a rwd car spinning into 3rd gear.

Almost certain this will be my next car!!! Praise to the s3 though my brother was really surprised how well it did and round tight bends/roundabouts was quicker than the m3