8x18" ET44 Show rims. Will they?!

Mikey

Reaction score
Ive seen a set of rims (again!!) they are 8x18" ET44 PCD 5x112.

My current standard rims are 18" (not sure on the width?) ET54 with 225/40/18 rubber. Now forgive me but this ET buisness goes over my head sometimes. So am I correct in assuming that the ET44 is going to poke out 10mm more than my current standard rims? So in effect its the same as me putting 10mm spacers all round on my standard Audi rims?

Will these ET44's be ok on the fronts? I know they will be fine on the rears because ive got 10mm spacers on the rears at the moment, in effect making them ET44? Car is lowered appx 40mm on H+R springs, doesnt rub at all, never has. Basically wanna know if these new ET44 rims will be ok?

These rims im thinking of getting will not be getting used daily,infact they will just be show wheels.

Thanks!

Yep, they'll be fine.

I have ET45 18x8.5 on H&R -35mm...

the rears catch the liners occasionally with fat f##kers in the back, but fronts are fine.

sweet, cheers fella. its not a big issue even if it does catch having just thought some more about it because they will purely be show wheels only, so for daily driving my BBS will go back on. Thanks.

Yep, they'll be fine.

I have ET45 18x8.5 on H&R -35mm...

the rears catch the liners occasionally with fat f##kers in the back, but fronts are fine.

you got any photos of your car with the springs on

I think you are right on the ET, the lower the number the more it sticks out!

As requested - sitting normally (on relatively straight road)
IMG_9049.jpg

and one under serious compression (no rubbbing here exiting The Karussel)
2735046539_2ca037f75c.jpg

This is avery handy thread!!!

I have just bought and fitted some A4 DTM wheels. They are 18" 8j offset43 wrapped with 235 x 40 rubbers. I knew they would be close, so i took the gamble as i wanted an oem look. I havent lowered car yet, but i am planning to put eibach pro dampers and springs on. Honestly though, i dont think they are going to fit. Now i now the offset is 2mm differant to the ones stated in above post, just see what you think.

Will the rub if i lower the car by around 40mm?

i think they will :(

comments ideas etc all welcome please

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

newwheels.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

please tell me some one else has fitted this wheel offset/tyre combo or what are my alternatives to get them to fit? :)

cheers in advance:yahoo:

will they fit then? Definately? cos i dont want to spend £400 on rubber and find they dont fit. But then i suppose if they still dont fit, they could go on the new wheels.

Any problems with running 235 on the rear and 225 on the front? or change all of them.?

225 on a 8" wide rim is perfect. im about to fit 215 on a 8". 235's seems a little too wide IMO for a 8" wide wheel.

I think as they are they'll rub on big bumps, when it's lowered 40mm they'll rub quite often through even small undulations.

Removing the arch liners will help, but then if they still occasionally rub, you've got tyre on metal, I personally prefer the slightly more occasional tyre on plastic with the arch liner present.

thanks for the replies people.

I just wanted some opinions from other people before i went out and splashed on some new rubber.

By the sounds of your comments, 225 tyres will hopefully let me get away with it.

Has anyone on here ran wheels with this offset before does anyone know?