Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Lets make that kitten purr...

Status

Jacking Point - Trolley Jack

Need to get the wheels off and have bought a trolley jack and axel stands from halfords (good value at Ł40 all in).

Should I stick to the jacking points recommend in the owners manual?
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

2. # ADS
    ADS

PaulMc
    I would be intrested in an answer to this too. So a bump

4th Gear

Status
    I just use the standard jacking points, doesn't matter what your using to get it in the air, it still applies the same force to that spot, no problems for me, but I do always have an axle stand in there for safety..

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    I often use the subframe to be safe on cars after bending the floor of an alf romero - they were pretend chassis legs
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Boydie
    Subframe as suggested for the axle stands

Neutral

Status
    There are jack points for trolley jacks/lifts on the A3/S3. These arent the same as shown in the hand book for the scissor jack thats supplied with the car.

At the rear just before the wheel arch you'll find a circular rubber block that fits into the metal cup on a trolley jack or lift.

At the front its simular, you'll see a rubber block protruding from a small plastic panel, this panel also swivels around from what I can remember. Its about 4 to 6 inches in from side skirt and just before the wheel arch.

When you look it's kind of obvious, its just a quite hard to explain in words
    2009 Audi TT-S - Ice Silver - S-Tronic

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    any images of these places on underside as when I use my Alum trolley jack on the sides where the ****ty audi jack goes it has bent the lip underneath slightly, nothing major as cant be seen anyway & still lifts the car ok with no further damage, but handy to know soon when doing suspension.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    I jack my car up a lot to take wheels off and clean under the arches properly and allways use the standard issue Audi jack, never had any issues with it, BUT, i never feel 100% confident with it, tho it has never given me any grief. I have a trolly jack but havent used it on the audi yet mainly due to me not knowing where to jack it up on so some pics would be much appreciated. If i can see the jackin points I will deffo be using my trolly jack in future.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

4th Gear

Status
    Dont use a trolley jack on the sill jacking points. Audi took my car to get a wheel refurbed a week after I got it and the idiot did exactly that and dented the sill in, it was only when I went to a local tyre place to put a new wheel on(the idiot refurbed it in the wrong colour so we had to buy a new wheel)the guy pulled me out to show me the damage before he jacked it from the subframe. The tyre fitter had a MK5 GTI and said the sills on them and the Audi are very soft and never jack from there.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    any images of these places on underside as when I use my Alum trolley jack on the sides where the ****ty audi jack goes it has bent the lip underneath slightly, nothing major as cant be seen anyway & still lifts the car ok with no further damage, but handy to know soon when doing suspension.
    Have a look in this thread New Option for Audi S3 Exhaust

Theres a pic of an S3 from the rear on a lift. These are the points to use for a trolley jack/lift. Not really easy to see but its fairly obvious once youve worked it out .
    2009 Audi TT-S - Ice Silver - S-Tronic

6th Gear

Status

6th Gear

Status
    jeeze, does my exhaust look big in this?????
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Need to get the wheels off and have bought a trolley jack and axel stands from halfords (good value at Ł40 all in).

Should I stick to the jacking points recommend in the owners manual?
    I have used a trolley jack on the standard jacking points many times on my last three Audi cars and never had the slightest damage to the car.
    The important thing is to purchase a good quality jack with a convex rubber pad fitted to the saddle this prevents any serious damage the the underbody coating.
    Once had the standard scissor jack break and collapse on me, just prior to taking out the last wheel bolt, not to be trusted.
    Trev

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Thought I'd get murdered on this one tbh.

Got some silver smoothrite so will be painting my calipers and (although mine haven't rusted yet) disk bells soon. Spacers will be going on too.

Cheers again.
    Ron
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.