Blackburn Audi

TrickyLad

is loving his new A3
Reaction score
Anyone used them

Took the car in to get the windows fixed with the well known problem, and a well known fix.
I told them i had heard about the problem before and they looked like i had just slapped their grandma. How dare i question Audi build quality.

Anyway they say they have lubricated the sills and that should fix it. Oh well.

Also i went in with a nice car with only one fault, i arrived home with lubricated sills and a broken petrol cap.
In the time it was in the garage the petrol cap mysteriously broke, it now only just closes and looks rubbish, no longer aligned with the body.

Might be using Bolton from no on

Dont know about Blackburn, but stay away from Harrogate Audi, what a shower of turds...

New seat cover:

Estimated time to fix - 1day
Total time taken - 3weeks

Any problems:

Scratched sills
broken height adjust lever
broken tilt wheel
scratched pillars
ill-fitting plastics
seat base looks pap

oh, and when i fired her up the range said 5miles!

The saga continues.......

Lol just dont get Bolton Audi to clean your car - they have the world grittest sponges !
And they think that all brand new cars get delivered / its acceptable to give you a new car with swirls in - just cos all the cars in the showroom have them - or that the excuse they tried on me !
They are ok on fixing faults though and I always get a decent loan car (ie an S model) out of them now and dont have to pay the £10 to reduce the excess down.

Just tell them not to clean your car !

Richard

******' Hell L60N!
That's shocking.
I've used Harrogate in the past and they have been pretty good, though I did get a quote for the repair of the sh!t job the SMART repairer did.... they were quoting £460, whereby everyone else explained the job and it came to over £1600. I found that odd!!!

So what's happening with the car now? Are you speaking to Audi CS again?

The range saying 5 miles is a worry!
I've just dropped my car back with West London Audi to have the panel painted again (the finish was below standard), oh and ask them to sort the bumper out that someone drove in to on Saturday (Grrrrrrrrrr!). I've captured the mileage, but I'm seriously considering adding the 'valet' function on the GIAC, only that will probably highlight the fact there is a map on it...... decisions, decisions!

What is it with these places that don't understand they are responsible for the 2nd most expensive thing people buy!!!

I'm still toying with writing to Jeremy Hicks offering my services to try and kick the Audi experience back in to touch... it's what I do!!!

J

Tricky I hope you went back to them to get it fixed fella, these stealers are ****** useless at the best of times, the best person at my local one is the parts guy, fantastic service.

******' Hell L60N!
That's shocking.
I've used Harrogate in the past and they have been pretty good, though I did get a quote for the repair of the sh!t job the SMART repairer did.... they were quoting £460, whereby everyone else explained the job and it came to over £1600. I found that odd!!!

So what's happening with the car now? Are you speaking to Audi CS again?

The range saying 5 miles is a worry!
I've just dropped my car back with West London Audi to have the panel painted again (the finish was below standard), oh and ask them to sort the bumper out that someone drove in to on Saturday (Grrrrrrrrrr!). I've captured the mileage, but I'm seriously considering adding the 'valet' function on the GIAC, only that will probably highlight the fact there is a map on it...... decisions, decisions!

What is it with these places that don't understand they are responsible for the 2nd most expensive thing people buy!!!

I'm still toying with writing to Jeremy Hicks offering my services to try and kick the Audi experience back in to touch... it's what I do!!!

J

I seem to be putting off getting back in touch with Audi about it, possibly because im a bit sick of the whole thing now....

Ive taken pictures of all of the above though, so its going to happen..

I didnt realise any of the faults until i looked when i got home, apart from noticing the dodgy seat lumps, but tbh after 3 weeks i thought "**** it".

After finding all the other problems i thought, well im not going to talk to Harrogate Audi anymore, im completely and utterly dismayed at the lack of any kind of customer skills, or any kind of skills for that matter, what a total and complete bunch of mongoloids.. :gun2:

Did i mention I found a screw (of the arch liner type) stuck in my front tyre too, thats £180 also please.... :whip:

Not to take this off topic but yes Harrogate Audi SUCK!!!

Try not to talk to Andrew he is the biggest waste of space.

Did have good service from Jay there though, she actually seems interested.

Im using Huddersfield Audi now...... A bit of a drive to get there but they seem to have people who can ring you when car is ready, not damage your car, have some sort of quality control.

Don't know if its just me but i think some of the dealers don't like dealing with younger people.

See Nick in parts at Blackburn audi, genuinly nice bloke and my dad used to work with him and says he's sound. Always get a negative vibe anywhere on that estate though the BMW dealers are just as bad, I guess it comes with the territory as there are some particularly scary people around blackburn with a hell of a lot of money that they must have "inherited" ;-)

Im gonna try Bradford Audi next, there not too close since thats where i bought it, im hoping for a better service. Yes, Harrogate Audi are also more expensive LoL :)

Like I said before - as these people are dealing with customers premium products, there should be a strict handover process. A full walk round the car and it should be their responsibility to highlight any scuffs, scratches or broken parts - you don't even need to be with them, they could highlight them, come and get you from the waiting area and specifcally point them out and you can agree/disagree.
They do this when the loan you a car, why not the other way round?

When I dropped my car off this morning, I had to specifically ask for this, pointing out that the alloys we're not marked, etc, etc. It's always good to do this before you drop the car off, give it a wash, so it's already clean (and they don't need to wash it again with a brillo pad or whatever they use!) adn then any flaws can be resolved easily.
I've done this since my last S3 came back from a dealer with one of the alloys completely butchered... took a while to get them to pay for the repair, but got there in the end.

L60N - get an email written - trust me, Jeremy will be interested in the experience of his customers as his objective is overall volume in sales and bad experience means you'll look else where...... well, at least he should think like this.

Good luck.

J

L60N, **** that, I would have gone absolutely mental & I dont often use the U in that word on here, get back down there & demand to speak with the MD, dont let it go & dont leave any time as it will be alot harder to claim those things if you want any longer, thats unbelievable you got your car back in that state.

They are just stuck up ******* mate, they think there **** dont stink, thing is we drive better cars than them mostly & they look down on us, lol, thats why I never buy from a stealer, never, I gave them 3 chances in buying my last 3 cars from them, they couldnt even help me or return my calls & we're talking an 8L S3 back in 01 when alot of money, an S4 B6 Avant 2 years ago which wasnt cheap at all & now my A3 which also wasnt cheap, my next car I hope will be the S3 sportback & guess what, they wont be given the chance this time, I mean if I went to the MD of brighton audi & said oh I've spent 70k in 7 years on cars & I came to you 1st but you didnt even help me, do you think he'll be ****** on losing that business, **** em, you dont get my business for nothing, you have to at least make the effort otherwise take a swift walk in the opposite direction.

Not that I'm rich I just work hard & like a nice car, but am I gonna give my hard earned cash to them, just walk in & bend over & say here you go before I buy my car from you, **** me in the **** 1st before I hand my cash over cause thats what it feels like sometimes when you deal with them, or most times(and no I dont have 1st hand knowledge before any funny comments to the contrary, lol)

See Nick in parts at Blackburn audi, genuinly nice bloke and my dad used to work with him and says he's sound. Always get a negative vibe anywhere on that estate though the BMW dealers are just as bad, I guess it comes with the territory as there are some particularly scary people around blackburn with a hell of a lot of money that they must have "inherited" ;-)

that estate is terrible. was looking at buying a 1-series from there but whenever i said i didnt want anthing bigger than a 1.8 petrol he kept on giving me quotes for a 2 litre diesel, i must have been speaking a different language

Tricky I hope you went back to them to get it fixed fella, these stealers are ****** useless at the best of times, the best person at my local one is the parts guy, fantastic service.

i only noticed it when i got home. I was sleepy and hungover and didnt have the energy to drive all the way back to the garage and argue with them. Obviously i feel different today but i dont know if i can prove that the problem happened whilst it was sat in their garage.

Not sure there is much i can do. All i know is on sunday last week it was fine, i didnt notice it on saturday morning, but on saturday mid-day i noticed my petrol cap hanging off :wtf: