Hmm what is a lad to do?

Reaction score
I have a3 2.0 tdi 2004 at 59k. I know there is loads on ere talked about this.
ive noties a drop in coolant in last month so im thinking its the head.
I love the car had it about year and half. Was going to get it remapped dont see the point now.
If it is the head get rid of it now before it gets bad ? or
keep it have head done and hope its all ok after?
Going to have it pressure tested in 2 weeks

Thanks a very down

Dan
:crying:

I wouldnt map until you get the coolant figured out fella, more pressures on the systems with the map, do pressure test & try cheaply to find out why its dropped coolant & then decide if worth keeping or not, if signs of head then trade in with a stealer & let them feckers warranty it to someone else so you have peace of mind I guess.

Thanks mate! I take they dont have this problem with newer 2.0 tdi's?
If was to change it who to say wouldnt happen again?

TBH mines an 04 TDI with map & no problems so could be batch of heads with issues, couldnt say for sure, only heard few people mentioned it so dont think its a very common one.

hmm really hope its somethink else!
who did ur map?
what think of it ?
whats 1st gear like? lol
ps
love the wheels on ur A3!

my mate Simon@amd woking
he's done 3 cars for me as was revo dealer before he & BBT bought amd out, great job as always
dsg well as with all turbo cars I've had when it boosts you feel it very nicely but when compared to my s3 8l & s4 b6 I had its not same but tbh the a3 I have got with all my mods is a fantastic car which no doubt will be sold at some stage when mods finished as wanna get back to S3 land as miss me 4wd
yeah they are a kinda A8 look but much better & curve in alot, which also with the black paint in the thin cut out lines makes them look great, only an hour ago I was looking at them again outisde thinking they're ****** nice, lol, but only yesterday I contemplated changing them again.

but the S3 body I'm doing on it soon will cap it of

lol wanna sell em to me ? give ya 50 quid !lol
I was going to get my done by superchips usein bluefin?
will it be a petrol s3?
4wd use alot more juice?

for half a wheel, ye, lol

S3 petrol? is there anyother kind lol

where abouts are you so can maybe recommend a mapper or someone can as I'm not a fan of these posted dongles as if goes wrong you're well & truly fecked, best to go somewhere I believe face to face, Simon if local would do good job & deal

only 4wd's I've driven have had pretty good engines with alot of power anyway fella so couldnt say, but best thing is to check the specs on audi.co.uk & compare the mpg between 2wd/4wd, hazard a guess it would be marginally different

Nah all 4 wheels wit 4 brand new tyres! lol
Im from kent mate. only know of superchips near me.
lol you mean them things for 99p on ebay?

Thanks

nah bluefin do the dongles for mapping the car via post, they are reputable, but I'd still go to the actual place to have mapped, just more interested in setups

amd essex are not far from you, simon@amd woking is also just a quick shoot along the 25 & I know him personally as he's done 3 cars for me so far.

ok thank mate. so if i say ur name will i get discount ? lol
Got to see wat happens after pressure tested really

I dont mind mentioning your a friend if it helps, he's a ****** nice chap & always done a very good job & deal for me, I'm sure he would do for you aswell.

on the honest john website www.honestjohn.co.uk he puts the head falure down to

"Radiator leaks a common problem after 18 months. Can lead to head gasket failure and failure of head itself. If buying used, check expansion tank."

Check out the full article on http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=545&

To be honest any used car is going to have the tank toped up very quickly before sale!! i have been checking mine and it has not droped but i have only done 300 miles.

You could also buy a Warrenty! £300 from Tesco or othe online porviders. Top it up for a month then claim.

Thanks Samuelt
getting it pressure tested to day. Let you know on out come

cheers
Dan