anyone help with tinting shades.

alzo999

Audi Crazy
Reaction score
Hi there, got my 2008 2.0tdi s-line booked in for window tinting on fri, just wondering if anyone could let me know what shades they have on their machines and what they turned out like, cheers in advance folks. once i get everything done I will post a pic of mine.

Thanks in Advance,

Alz

p.s i'm going for the headlight tinting as well, looks fantastic. anyone had any problems with this.

cheers mate, looking forward to getting everything done!! i hate when i get like this, everything has to be done yesterday.

so far its windows and headlights tinted, s3 wing mirrors and a genuine Audi German style number plate. money money money.

I believe if my memory serves me right, I've always had 30% on rears including rear window, didnt effect the auto dimming rear view mirror either & fronts I think were 10%, which made the fronts slightly darker shade than from oem glass, never been pulled once in 10 years of cars tinted so must be ok at that level, I wouldnt advise going any darker given the light meter happy coppers in UK now, ask MattAndrew about that one.

Cheers again, my brother in law is a cop and he basically said if stopped it would depend on who and what mood the copper was in, i'm in the fire service and have a wee badge on the window (that and a police badge borrowed from him), usually helps me get a "ticking" off with things.

although with the window tints and these "German" style number plates i might be asking for trouble. will keep the original plates in the car so i can brass my case for immediate change.

although with the window tints and these "German" style number plates i might be asking for trouble. will keep the original plates in the car so i can brass my case for immediate change.

Hey, at least you re prepared for the copper that gets out the wrong side of bed in the morning! ;)