How detectable is Revo to the stealers?

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
How detectable is Revo to the stealers?

Does it reset the flash counter to 0 or keep the previous flash count?

David

As far as i am aware it must be undetectable as my A3 TDI has just had new head and turbo at the stealers... they asked me if it was remapped/chipped because of the torque - i just said no but they must of had it wired up for diagnostics!!!

Dealer diagnostics cant `see` the REVO map.

Although I understand any remap can be detected if the car is taken for a test drive and boost logs made.

Ive had major warranty work carried out previously by VW WITH the REVO map in place, and nothing was detected or questioned, and no boost logs taken.

IMO dealers dont really care.
Why get into a dispute with a customer when the manufacturer funds pays for the warranty work anyway.

Unless the car has been heavily modded the dealer should have no reason to supect anything anyway.

cheers
Paul

I asked the service manager out of curiosity and he said "it would void your warranty" when I was in booking an oil change.

He won't tag on I asked that in 6 months

Well obviously I knew that, but I wanted to see his response.

David

My local dealer told me today they aren't fussed about doing warranty work on remapped cars. They said the same as Paul above - its Audi that foot the bill not them.

My local dealer told me today they aren't fussed about doing warranty work on remapped cars. They said the same as Paul above - its Audi that foot the bill not them.

I suppose if it was a major engine failure Audi may ask the dealer to investigate if it had been re-mapped but other than that most dealers would probably not be too bothered. Some even arrange for their own or customers cars to be re-mapped.

The insurance companies are probably more interested!!

Ok then, how about when you "switch" the map back to stock. Is there 2 maps running side by side, or is it a revo stock code, or the original audi map back on.

Just to clear my head of how detectable this really is with the truth.

Dealers say they dont mind working on the car, as long as there is nothing wrong with the car when you ask them that :)

But the minute you take it in there with an issue they change their tune.

Ok then, how about when you "switch" the map back to stock. Is there 2 maps running side by side, or is it a revo stock code, or the original audi map back on.

Just to clear my head of how detectable this really is with the truth.

When you switch off the Revo map with the Select, it changes the addresses for the look up tables to point to the factory curves. You still have Revo code running in the ECU, but standard ECU settings.

Hmmmm,

I am stuck between two as usual. Like that no one has had any real problems with Revo.

However I like the way in which GIAC reverts back to the stock flash.

David

David.

I think regardless of choice you'll enjoy the transformation to your car.
I'd base your decision on:
1. Where you can get the best deal on either a GIAC or Revo
&
2. The location of the nearest distributor - just in case you do have any problems. You don't want a huge round trip!

I think I can safely say that all owners of mapped cars, whether it's Revo or GIAC are really pleased.

Good luck mate!

David.

I think regardless of choice you'll enjoy the transformation to your car.
I'd base your decision on:
1. Where you can get the best deal on either a GIAC or Revo
&
2. The location of the nearest distributor - just in case you do have any problems. You don't want a huge round trip!

I think I can safely say that all owners of mapped cars, whether it's Revo or GIAC are really pleased.

Good luck mate!

:iagree:

Was tempted by GIAC but the Dealer was 3 hrs drive away so stuck with REVO as per last 3 cars.

I'm a little concerened about dealer transparency that's all.
I take it people with revo take there car into dealers etc and have work done.

I would be having this done after my oil change but before the 1st service, is this wise?

Also I want to be able to redline the car if needed and it not be a problem.

David

I'm a little concerened about dealer transparency that's all.
I take it people with revo take there car into dealers etc and have work done.

I would be having this done after my oil change but before the 1st service, is this wise?

Also I want to be able to redline the car if needed and it not be a problem.

David

Had mine REVOd at 8K miles , the week before its first Oil change.

Car came back as it went in.