McGard Locking Wheel Bolts

I'mRonBurgundy?

Lets make that kitten purr...
Reaction score
I need a set basically. But what size?

Recently purchased some 10mm (front) and 12mm (rear) spacers and I have OEM 5 arm (RS6 style) wheels.

Looking on the TT Shop I can specifiy: Original/Radius Bolt +10/12mm, which I guess is what I'm after. However, can anyone confirm exactly what a size bolts I need?

Thanks
Ron

I would measure the thread on the bolts that you had prior to the spacers and add the spacer size and you should be fine.

Then go for the nearest length that they do, it is a tricky one as you need enough thread to be safe without too much and it screwing out the other side of the hub.

Paul

I need a set basically. But what size?

Recently purchased some 10mm (front) and 12mm (rear) spacers and I have OEM 5 arm (RS6 style) wheels.

Looking on the TT Shop I can specifiy: Original/Radius Bolt +10/12mm, which I guess is what I'm after. However, can anyone confirm exactly what a size bolts I need?

Thanks
Ron

Well i've just got some 15mm spacers for the back and 10mm for the front. Not fitted yet though but the locking nuts i've bought are as follows:

M14 x 1.5 (thread pitch) and a 45mm thread length with a standard 17mm Audi radius seat.

As they come in 4's you have to work to your longest size required. In my case this is 45mm. Obviously the front nuts will extend a further 5mm into the hub but it won't interfere with anything. In fact i bought a full set of 16 45mm bolts to go with the locking nuts.

Hope that helps a bit!

Paul.

well you need 7 turns on the bolts anyway but logic suggests as mentioned, add the spacer width to the existing bolts & then order that size or just over.

Paul your 15mm spacers will rub no or rock hard suspension?

I have 10s front and 12s rear and I have M14 x 1.5 McGards.

The part number is 28025.

well you need 7 turns on the bolts anyway but logic suggests as mentioned, add the spacer width to the existing bolts & then order that size or just over.

Paul your 15mm spacers will rub no or rock hard suspension?

I'll be honest with you Nigel..... I'm just going to 'suck it and see'. If the 15's really aren't compatible even with a light mod to the lining in the arches i'll get rid and go for 12's.

Robin..... Have you fitted your 15's yet?? Any major issues?

I've not got them yet, its a part of the group buy and we have been told that the spacers should be with us mid next week.

I've not got them yet, its a part of the group buy and we have been told that the spacers should be with us mid next week.

Fair enough mate, let me know how you get on anyway :beerchug:

I think if I do the same as L60N and remove the screw (or swap i for one with a smaller head) and file some of the excess plastic on the lug away, I'll get rid of the problem altogether.

no filing needed, the tyres will do that for ya.......................lol