Part No. Required for interior light

Von Maximo

The Damned
Reaction score
Went out for in spin in Whiteatoms S3 last night and was very impressed! Nice car mate!

Anyway, noticed that the little tray (Non smoking kit) under the heater control unit was light up with a fancy red light. Can anyone with Etka tell me the part number and price if poss?

Cheers
Von

Did the light come from under the heater controls or up in the roof console?

I didn't know there was a light there. Might have to fit one too!

The one from under the Heater controls. I've already retrofitted the one in the roof console

Cheers John

I think the light your are looking for is called the Ashtray Light and the part no. is 8P0 919 063 light emitting diode with bracket. Presumably it lights the ashtray if one is fitted or the general space if not.

I think the light your are looking for is called the Ashtray Light and the part no. is 8P0 919 063 light emitting diode with bracket. Presumably it lights the ashtray if one is fitted or the general space if not.

That's the one! Thanks for that Dave!
Von

Oh!! more nice lights :) where does this wire too? is it plug and play?

anyone any pics?

Dont think thats the right part number Dave looking in ETKA the part number comes up with a model code PR-9JD which is smoker version. Just had a look at my old ashtray and the light looks the same. The part number for my old ashtray is 8P0 857 951 which incorporates 8P0 919 063 so it the wrong one. The light is related to the interior light pack. When I did the single to double din conversion I transfered the light in question from my single din cage to my double din cage. Cant seem to find in in ETKA though.

don't think there is a light for the non-smoker pack. i have that but don't have any additional lighting.

be nice to see some photos so we can see what you are referring to.

In ETKA there is a "fibre optic conductor" listed on the same page as the radio cage (857-10).

The part number is 8P0 857 335. Looks to me as if it fits onto the bottom of the cover underneath the airconditioning controls, but I can't be sure.

In ETKA there is a "fibre optic conductor" listed on the same page as the radio cage (857-10).

The part number is 8P0 857 335. Looks to me as if it fits onto the bottom of the cover underneath the airconditioning controls, but I can't be sure.

Yeah that looks like the one Marc, it wount be a two minute job to install I dont think. Ill try get some pics later

Yeah I did the same thing, switched the strip into the DD setup, worked & fitted perfectly & I had the non smoking pack originally anyway, if you've got the interior light pack then there is probably a spare wire at the rear somewhere or take of the ashtray one, I had a spare ashtray wire unused cause had no ashtray originally anyway that was hanging loose so stands to reason you'd have one for the strip loose somewhere, but we all know audi & there looms.

I did mine out of the car when I was working on the DD, just looked & it isnt a 2 minute job as the lower trim under the climate has to come of, I'm guessing climate of, trim of & then hands behind to find the wire & fit strip & plug in, from what I remember doing, prob a 10-30 minute job, but not exactly hard just little time & care needed.

Marc think typo mate, you mean 8P0 857 355

don't think there is a light for the non-smoker pack. i have that but don't have any additional lighting.

be nice to see some photos so we can see what you are referring to.

I've been out all day but have just come home and put my car into the garage. When I drive into my garage my auto-lights come on and if I put my hand where the ashtray would be there is a red light shining.

I got a mirror and had a look and there is a full with clear lense about 25mm deep with a red light behind it that is making the light. It is only on with the other lights in the car and my car does not have and has never had an ashtray.

Having just had another look at Etka I would say the the item fitted to my car is could well be the 'fibre optic conductor'. It certainly looks like it in shape and where it's positioned. The ashtray light seems to clip into the side of the ashtray unit. Also looking at the wiring diagrams there is an item listed as L120 storage compartment lllumination bulb. There is a W6 glove compartment light on the same diagram so I assume the storage compartment referred to is the space where the ashtray would normally be fitted. This light is connection to the lighting circuit with no further switching by a 0.35mm wire. All very confusing!!

You could have this for ashtray or storage area, but as the ashtray area is closed of isnt it then why would they have the need for the upper part as the ashtray itself has the light & yes its only a slight red glow & yes thats the conductor part you are mentioning

Yeah interior light pack probably does include that, so you dont have this Marc as S-Lines include this dont they?

Its probably wired for it fella, just check the door cards for spare wires, doesnt the interior light pack light the door lock areas, vanity mirrors, rear lights above etc etc??

I have the non-smoker pack but don't have that light. I wonder if it is part of the interior light pack. Dave, do you have the interior light pack on your car?

Yes Marc mine does have the Interior lighting pack - came as standard on the SE at the time. I just had a look at the current price list and the Interior lighting packs lists - illuminated door openers, storage compartment, footwell lighting and active door reflectors.

Yeah interior light pack probably does include that, so you dont have this Marc as S-Lines include this dont they?

Its probably wired for it fella, just check the door cards for spare wires, doesnt the interior light pack light the door lock areas, vanity mirrors, rear lights above etc etc??

s-line over here doesn't come with the interior light pack.

****** audi!!!!

Just playing with sig image, slightly small, lol, update when better images but that'll do for now.

Ok heres the pics not the best but gives an idea

CIMG0937.jpg