New audi a3 58 plate ... is it compatible with apple iphone 3g

robcheshire

Reaction score
Hello people . Hope some one can help me out !!!!

I have just got a brand new audi a3 58 plate . 1.6 se sports back .

I paid extra so it had the blue tooth stereo so i can use my mobile hands free .

Now the "PROBLEM " is ........ i have a apple iphone 3g model . I can ring people and receive calls and it comes threw the speakers in the car but my phone book doesn't seem to copy across to the audi a3 computer system from my phone via bluetooth ........???

Does any body no what i can do to get it to copy my numbers from my phone to the audi a3 computer system or if there is any news if it will work in future as there may be a compatibility issue with the phone and the car !

The message i get from the computer display system is "please wait" ...... now when i bought the car the audi guy said when you 1st connect a phone via bluetooth with your audi it will take 20 mins to copy the numbers from ya phone to ya phone book on ya audi a3 computer system , but it just says that message constantly and says "please wait " ..

But for example when i ring home off my apple iphone it will say on the computer display that it is ringing "home" !!! ...... then also if i press the roller on the steering wheel it says your phonebook is empty !!!

Can any one help ? message me on here or at rob@robertcheshire.com

:blackrs4::footy::sos::blackrs4:

Hi mate.

The Iphone is very lmited in what can and cant be sent over bluetooth as apple are trying there best to stop people sending music etc accross and have limited the bluetooth to just using a bluetooth handset....

You can't do anything else with the bluetooth unfortunately...

My advise, copy your numbers onto another bluetooth phone (nokia, sony erricson) and copy your numbers accross and then pair up your iphone..

However, this will only work if the numbers are stored on the car, not the phone (which i think is the case).

HTH

I've also had great success with the 2g iphone, and just lately the 3g iphone, it works perfect.

Another tidbit of information is that the audi iphone dashmount cradle fits both the 2g and the 3g, which is amazing to think they actually though about it! still a steep at £100 though. Just waiting for Tomtom on the iphone now :)

finally ! i have got it working !!!! thanks for the help everyone!

what i did was erase the whole phone which took about 2 hours then linked it up with i tunes and numbers went back on to my iphone . Went to the car and paired phone up with audi system and it worked in like 2 minutes if that ! Brilliant!