Wanted: S-Line rear bumper!

B

Boydie

I have been after one of these bumpers for a while now but I have been scouring the country (N.Ireland) and ebay but to no avail.

The bumper in question can be seen here in Marc's sig:

Signature.jpg

It does not have the colour coded bump strips like in the pre-facelift models and also has the black trim splitter at the bottom.

Anyone know of any damaged A3's in your area? needs to be a 3 door!

Thanks

Are these a stright fit then?

I've just put a deposit down on a A3 which I hope to pick up in a week or two and this was a mod that I had in mind too :)

Guys, sorry to dig up this thread but had a wee incident there with my current rear bumper

I require some partnumbers:

I have been on etka and have found the following:

8P 2004 rear bumper PN - 8P3807303 (cover for bumper)
8P 2004 spoiler PN - 8P3807434A (spoiler lower (dual pipe) / PR-T36,T58, T71,T9G,T59)

I want to replace this bumper with the s-line one as above...I cannot seem to find any s-line specced stuff on etka :(

help please! I was the s-line rear bumper WITHOUT parking sensors and WITH the lower spoiler as seen in Marc's photo

thanks

Boydie,
I've been off the air for the weekend so just got your PM and figured it would be better to reply here in case anyone else is interested.

Cover for bumper (primed) - 8P3 807 303 B GRU
spoiler - lower (primed) - 8P3 807 434 D GRU

both of the above are for the S-Line - the 2JD code in ETKA refers to vehicles with the S-Line bumper.

Update! S-LINE REAR BUMPER IS ON!

BUT............

The centre section of the rear bumper has been painted the same colour as the car :( :( :(

Can someone confirm to me please, or take a close up picture as to what the texture is of the bumper? I think I am going to have to get a vinyl cover for it!

BUT............

The centre section of the rear bumper has been painted the same colour as the car :( :( :(

Can someone confirm to me please, or take a close up picture as to what the texture is of the bumper? I think I am going to have to get a vinyl cover for it!

Is it the lower valance sector...sorta like the "diffuser" cut out part? I got mine new and the whole thing was just primered. Smooth primer, no texture. I left it that way, exept I had the painter spray an extra layer in the same color code...just to make sure it had some resistance...

BUT............

do you mean that the bodyshop painted it the same colour as your car or that it arrived into them that way?

it should be black.

The bumper arrived primed and they painted the whole bumper the colour of the car

With the old votex kit, the rear valence came with vinyl strips which were rough in texture, can this be added to the rear bumper??

I will be able to get pics tomorrow

For example - this is the pre facelift votex rear splitter - which I had at one point and thankfully never fitted it:

8P9071610.jpg

The centre black bits are rough vinyl - is that what is supposed to be on the s-line??

can someone please get me a close up

thanks

Balls, so they should have left it masked up :( oh well, I am on the look out for vinyl today to see about covering it but I will get a closer look at it later today and see if I like it all the one colour!

thanks