A3 rear Seat Belts

samuelt

Reaction score
hi

If you dont know ISOFIX are the metal bars visable inbetween the rear base and rear back of the seats, designed to hold a child seat in place.

Do all 8P A3 have ISOFIX as standard? Due the fitting of these a great feature that was in my 2002 B6 and also a friends mark 4 golf has been removed.

When the rear seatbelts are pulled fully out they would ratched back in locking any item (in my case a child seat) in place until the seatbelt was undone and fully retracted. I am guessing Audi droped this once they started fitting ISOFIX.

I really want to change my seatbelts in the rear of my 8P sportback to the ones that have this feature. If your 8P Sportback does not have ISOFIX please can you see if this ratched system is fitted.

thank you
Toby

My 8P has Isofix seats AND the ratchet seatbelts, not a sportback, but the rear seat belts should be the same, if they're not, perhaps you just need to look for the part from an 'older' sportback.

(My 3dr is a 53 plate, but 04 model)

thanks for that Teejay I wonder if they dropped it for the 06 models.

hi

just got a price for an 03 rear seat belt with the ratched system £146!!! I know i can get one from an 04 car in Aberdeen that has front damage. can anyone confirm that 04 registered A4 Sportbacks have this system. Teejay has told me his 3dr 53 registered 04 model has it, so i guess the sportbacks will as well.

thank you