REVO'D!

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
Went down to Prosport yesterday , Peter did his job with no fuss whatsoever , he even offerd to buy my dinner!

We did a before run , then he plugged in the lap top and put the Revo on , then ran it again!

Revo.jpg

As you can see the consistency of the rollers is second to none , at the RR day my car made 294 ps , so only 2 ps out!

I'm very happy with the figures ( value for money ) and the drive? we'll , fast , smooth , aggresive , and stunning spring to mind!

Settings are Fuel 9 timing 5 boost 6

I should of got it done sooner. :)

leon

About ****** time.. Been waiting to see what you thought.. Ha
P.S. You need to update your sig..;)

Nice to see you're happy mate.. You will probably find that you will unleash a few more horses once the map has settled in and made itself at home. So another RR day would be interesting to see..
Nice figures anyway. Need to get mine on Prosport's rollers really. If there's another RR day there I may way pop along.. ;)
Did Gaz (Ibis White S3) get his done while you were there? As I know he was having his done yesterday..

Your car seemed to have quite a lot of power to start with!
What else have you done to it?

very good figures Leon, Take it you went for the select + option ? Did you go for just the one map - fancy an ecom map for motorway / GF use as well.

Looks like I will be going the revo way as well pretty soon
Richard

Went down to Prosport yesterday , Peter did his job with no fuss whatsoever , he even offerd to buy my dinner!

We did a before run , then he plugged in the lap top and put the Revo on , then ran it again!

As you can see the consistency of the rollers is second to none , at the RR day my car made 294 ps , so only 2 ps out!

I'm very happy with the figures ( value for money ) and the drive? we'll , fast , smooth , aggresive , and stunning spring to mind!

Settings are Fuel 9 timing 5 boost 6

I should of got it done sooner. :)

leon

good numbers there i and some friends are wonderin about your "before map" numbers which is quite high for a stock car.. what u did before the revo? any other maps or what? i will apreciate if you explain :)

Glad your happy with your remap and welcome to the Revo family,Prosport has a good set up and the blokes are very helpful (even though its mostly scoobys)

The Revo sure does put a big smile on your face!!
How come you're only running timing 5? Mines set to 6?

good numbers there i and some friends are wonderin about your "before map" numbers which is quite high for a stock car.. what u did before the revo? any other maps or what? i will apreciate if you explain :)

Stock S3's consistantly seem to put out well above the standard figures of 261ps, loads on here have been in the 285-90 bracket standard.

Thanks

The car is/was Std before the map.

We have seen Std cars run 280-90 bhp on RR's

I only have the stage 1 map , no econ or anything , i'm sure Peter would sort it for free!

I'm going for the select +

I don't know about the timing John , i think Revo recommend 5 or 6 , Revo Kev was saying on another thread that he would go for 5 all year round as 6 COULD make it pull back on very hot days!

Thanks

p

Nice one Leon, good to hear you don't think you've wasted your money. Had mine done on Tuesday and I think it's great. Like you, I now wish I'd had it done sooner.

Interesting that you're running on boost 6 and timing 5. We did lots of runs on the road with different settings and ended up with boost 8 and timing 6. The car ran spot on with this and was not correcting at all. It was also about 19 degrees so pretty hot by todays standards. I find that with these settings, the kick really comes in around 3500 and just keeps pulling right beyond 7000. I'm assuming with yours at boost 6 the power must come earlier.

Anyway, the good thing about the select + is that you can play around with different settings and see which you prefer.

Enjoy

Leon glad your happy with the results and not forgetting Gary white S3 i wonder what your car would put out, if my dieting had of worked and you had cleaned all the muck of it.Seriously i dont think it will be too long before i buy a S3 i love white cars and could of sat in garys all afternoon playing with revo.Thanks again and enjoy.

Peter

Thanks

The car is/was Std before the map.

We have seen Std cars run 280-90 bhp on RR's

I only have the stage 1 map , no econ or anything , i'm sure Peter would sort it for free!

I'm going for the select +

I don't know about the timing John , i think Revo recommend 5 or 6 , Revo Kev was saying on another thread that he would go for 5 all year round as 6 COULD make it pull back on very hot days!

Thanks

p
Exactly why mine is set at 5 and has been since it was first mapped..
My boost setting is 8 though and seems to be bang on according to VAGCOM..
Anyway you have the switch so you can play.. ;)

I take it thats you Peter, top service pal, would be interesting to put the car back on the rollers and play with the settings, so anytime you fancy it let me know

O yes check golfGTi.co.uk for more positive comments on your work

We did lots of runs on the road with different settings and ended up with boost 8 and timing 6. The car ran spot on with this and was not correcting at all. It was also about 19 degrees so pretty hot by todays standards. I find that with these settings, the kick really comes in around 3500 and just keeps pulling right beyond 7000. I'm assuming with yours at boost 6 the power must come earlier.
Enjoy

I also ran Timing on 6 on my last car over 12 months and it didnt miss a beat, Boost is at 7 which is nice and aggressive.

Im currently on Timing 7 and Boost 7, the car is spot on but on the advice of the guys here and having the Timing backed off to 6.
Fuel is on 9 BTW.

Once its been adjusted by my REVO dealer on Sat Im leaving it as it is so Im only investing in the Select switch for dealer warranty/service visits.

Cheers
Paul

For anyone interested I will shortly be putting a prize I have recently won in the for sale section. This is a select+ switch and a remap for any car from Revo. This is up to the value of £1000. It can be installed at any Revo dealer.

PM if interested.

Steve

For anyone interested I will shortly be putting a prize I have recently won in the for sale section. This is a select+ switch and a remap for any car from Revo. This is up to the value of £1000. It can be installed at any Revo dealer.

PM if interested.

Steve

Wish I had known 2 weeks ago.:3sadwalk:

Paul, let me know.

Also phantom how much all in for what you had at prosport?

David

Would I be able to get that, or was it a big faver?
Put me a word in when I decice to book :)

Dave

Stop arsing around and get REVO'd. I love it. I'm not kidding when I say I'm destroying cars which I really have no business taking on (today:
Carrera 4S. See ya.)

Stop arsing around and get REVO'd. I love it. I'm not kidding when I say I'm destroying cars which I really have no business taking on (today:
Carrera 4S. See ya.)

Brilliant, REVO bestows giant killing ability.

Been in some EVO/STiS rear view mirrors in my REVOd MK5 Gti a few times (rolling start of course) grinning at the shocked EVO drivers face!
Its that good I kid you not.

So far only had an M3 tussle with the REVOd S3, remap only BTW, and you can probably tell, Im happy.

Clarified some concerns with REVO Carl recently too which has cemented my confidence in the excellent aftersales service Ive had previously had from REVO.

Cheers
Paul

What concerns mate. Im away at the moment and will definately be booking in for OCT.

I've been preety much presuaded away from GIAC towards revo because quite a few ppl have had a few flat spots etc with GIAC. None as far as I'm aware with revo

David

Flat spots?!

I haven't heard about anyone with a flat spot in the GIAC S3..

Ditto - the issues documented in here have always related to other things like spark plugs... not the software!
The whole reason I got the GIAC was for it's smooth delivery.
Killed my first giant today :)

I had a pretty good one too!! What did you shrug off lol?

993 C4S - and my opinion of giant slaying is staying with him to the point he let me buy and gave me a shrug as I passed.... made me chuckle..... sooooo what did you slay.... ???

I was hardly a slaying but had a run with a good little run with a Gallardo :)

:hubbahubba:
Classic! Surprised he didn't pull over and start looking under the 'hood' to see if his engine was ill!!!

OK then haven't problems been highlighted more by the GIAC remap?
I have heard no issues with the REVO guys and spark plugs and missfires in specific cylinders.

David