Volks AutosSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

anyone fitted SLINE interior switiches??

has anyone fitted these switches

http://shop.cargravo.com/product_inf...products_id=28

i am looking to fit 2 switches, one for the PASSENGER AIRBAG switch and one for the BLANK one, has anyone fitted these, by looking at his video it looks pretty simple, but i pulled out my ESP switch to have a look at the back and mine looks a little different to his video,
    also anyone fitted the glove box handle,

http://shop.cargravo.com/product_inf...products_id=31

many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Fitted the glove box item... was very easy!

dont have any room for the buttons

Alisdair

6th Gear

Status
    the buttons are a simple pug and play job. there's a video on his site for it. i have two of them on mine - s-line and Audi.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drnutta View Post
    Fitted the glove box item... was very easy!

dont have any room for the buttons

Alisdair
    is it easy to remove the current glove box handle? have you installed it at the handle or the fixed one

2nd Gear

Status
    Fixed one.

I will take a piccy

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    is it easy to remove the current glove box handle? have you installed it at the handle or the fixed one
    gently insert a flat head screwdriver into the gap to the left of the cover and turn it and the cover should slide out. you could use a sturdy piece of plastic either if you don't want to risk damaging the glovebox door.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    gently insert a flat head screwdriver into the gap to the left of the cover and turn it and the cover should slide out. you could use a sturdy piece of plastic either if you don't want to risk damaging the glovebox door.
    ok thanks alot mate,but are you takling about the handle or the other side bit which is fixed?

6th Gear

Status
    the bit that is fixed. that's what the cargravo ones are.

as far as i know they are only available for LHD models though.

4th Gear

Status
    the bit that is fixed. that's what the cargravo ones are.

as far as i know they are only available for LHD models though.
    i spoke to him earlyer on and he said he has both for left and right hand,oh i was trying to fit a LED on the cup holder so that the cup holder sign glow red, it looked really well, but i cant seem to find a live source where i can wire it up , any ideas??i tryed to tap the current from the ashtray light but it did not work maybe the LED i am useing is too powerful?any ideas mate

4th Gear

Status
    like this

6th Gear

Status
    you'll be able to take a tap off the cables on the dash buttons when you fit them. they take their feed from the interior illumination pins on the ESP button.

6th Gear

Status
    you'll also need to make sure you have the cables the right way around because the LEDs only work if the current flows in the right direction.

4th Gear

Status
    you'll also need to make sure you have the cables the right way around because the LEDs only work if the current flows in the right direction.
    oh crap that what it must be lol, well i put everything back together again, i guess i have another try tommorrow,so when i put the new buttons in and tap it from the ESP can i also tap the current from the ESP for the cup holder light or am i tapping too much from one source??

6th Gear

Status
    yes you can.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well you need to check the current drain as its very low about 300ma on the illumination circuit for the led's, just test it & see if the led you take your circuit of dims atall when connected to your cupholder, if not then cool, if is then need to take of another circuit, ashtray area has one there hidden underneath if you just have the storage area or cig lighter area.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    Well you need to check the current drain as its very low about 300ma on the illumination circuit for the led's, just test it & see if the led you take your circuit of dims atall when connected to your cupholder, if not then cool, if is then need to take of another circuit, ashtray area has one there hidden underneath if you just have the storage area or cig lighter area.
    so you saying if i connect to the ashtray and all the lights dim a little, than i need to take the power source for the cup holder from somewhere else?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    well thats your choice of course but I know I'd prefer all the same light level, but probably be ok TBH but just advising, only one way to find out fella

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    well thats your choice of course but I know I'd prefer all the same light level, but probably be ok TBH but just advising, only one way to find out fella
    i would prefer the same light level too, so if it does dim where else can i wire it up, any ideas? so far i have blew 2 LED bulbs when tapping the ashtray light, i think it must be that i am connecting it the wrong wire, as LED only works if the current flows in the right direction.

6th Gear

Status
    there should be no problem taking the feed from the back of the ESP button. I have two of the cargravo buttons coming from there and the lights did not dim afterwards. If you order the glovebox emblem the fitting notes tell you to take the feed from the same place. The LEDs are using that little power that it is really not going to matter a whole pile if you add one or two more on to the circuit.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If Marc's done already then take his word for it, I've just used a spare illumination circuit that wasnt used, for something I wanted to light up.

4th Gear

Status
    thanks both of you again for your help