anyone fitted SLINE interior switiches??

khalil

Reaction score
Fitted the glove box item... was very easy!

dont have any room for the buttons :)

Alisdair

Fitted the glove box item... was very easy!

dont have any room for the buttons :)

Alisdair

is it easy to remove the current glove box handle? have you installed it at the handle or the fixed one

is it easy to remove the current glove box handle? have you installed it at the handle or the fixed one

gently insert a flat head screwdriver into the gap to the left of the cover and turn it and the cover should slide out. you could use a sturdy piece of plastic either if you don't want to risk damaging the glovebox door.

gently insert a flat head screwdriver into the gap to the left of the cover and turn it and the cover should slide out. you could use a sturdy piece of plastic either if you don't want to risk damaging the glovebox door.

ok thanks alot mate,but are you takling about the handle or the other side bit which is fixed?

the bit that is fixed. that's what the cargravo ones are.

as far as i know they are only available for LHD models though.
i spoke to him earlyer on and he said he has both for left and right hand,oh i was trying to fit a LED on the cup holder so that the cup holder sign glow red, it looked really well, but i cant seem to find a live source where i can wire it up , any ideas??i tryed to tap the current from the ashtray light but it did not work maybe the LED i am useing is too powerful?any ideas mate

like this
IMG_1877.jpg

you'll also need to make sure you have the cables the right way around because the LEDs only work if the current flows in the right direction.
oh crap that what it must be lol, well i put everything back together again, i guess i have another try tommorrow,so when i put the new buttons in and tap it from the ESP can i also tap the current from the ESP for the cup holder light or am i tapping too much from one source??

Well you need to check the current drain as its very low about 300ma on the illumination circuit for the led's, just test it & see if the led you take your circuit of dims atall when connected to your cupholder, if not then cool, if is then need to take of another circuit, ashtray area has one there hidden underneath if you just have the storage area or cig lighter area.

Well you need to check the current drain as its very low about 300ma on the illumination circuit for the led's, just test it & see if the led you take your circuit of dims atall when connected to your cupholder, if not then cool, if is then need to take of another circuit, ashtray area has one there hidden underneath if you just have the storage area or cig lighter area.

so you saying if i connect to the ashtray and all the lights dim a little, than i need to take the power source for the cup holder from somewhere else?

well thats your choice of course but I know I'd prefer all the same light level, but probably be ok TBH but just advising, only one way to find out fella

well thats your choice of course but I know I'd prefer all the same light level, but probably be ok TBH but just advising, only one way to find out fella
i would prefer the same light level too, so if it does dim where else can i wire it up, any ideas? so far i have blew 2 LED bulbs when tapping the ashtray light, i think it must be that i am connecting it the wrong wire, as LED only works if the current flows in the right direction.

there should be no problem taking the feed from the back of the ESP button. I have two of the cargravo buttons coming from there and the lights did not dim afterwards. If you order the glovebox emblem the fitting notes tell you to take the feed from the same place. The LEDs are using that little power that it is really not going to matter a whole pile if you add one or two more on to the circuit.

If Marc's done already then take his word for it, I've just used a spare illumination circuit that wasnt used, for something I wanted to light up.