2006/56 A3 S-line Ipod control

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi All

I have nearly completed the purchase of a 2006/56 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 170 Quattro. It seems to have a Concert CD player but acording to Autotrader/techdata it should have a "Concert single CD player with MP3 facility" fitted as standard but i can see no details of how to use the MP3 compatiblity in the Hand book.

if this is not correct how difficult is it to fit a OEM IPOD adapter (no CD changer fitted) and what controls of the Ipod will i have.

thank you

If it's single DIN Concert II then it can't play MP3 CDs, if it's a double DIN Concert II+ the it can play MP3 CDs.

The OE iPod adapter is a POS (IMHO) - since you get no album name or track names and your iPod looks like a 6CD changer (CD1..5 = first 5 playlists, CD6 = whole iPod).

hi thanks for the quick responce, noticed there are a lot more active members at any one time in this section than the A4 B6 section!

How easy is it to put in a double din system?

Shout me if you need double din as I have the double din kit for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160278513863

of course you would need to get the RNS & adapter yourself but I could suggest people to buy of for that no problem at all mate & fitting we would all help you to do via here as alot of us have done by ourselves or if one of us is local we could offer our services if not confident to do yourself.

If you need the DD kit please PM me with offer.

NHN

thank you nigel I am a while a away from doing any mods to the car as still have to sell My A4. I will though be asking around for advice if i ever do fit a double din. My wife also informed me last night she wants to changed the 18" to 19"!