EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status

My S3 with new RS4 brakes...

Hi all, Today I have been to http://www.thettshop.co.uk/index.asp
    for my S3 to be fitted with RS4 brakes, I will post more pictures and a report when I get back form Italy & Switzerland next Friday.

For now though I wanted to say a massive thank you to all the guys at The TT Shop, at all stages today Dave kept me informed as to how well or how badly it was going!! but despite some head scratching moments the guys got the brakes to fit and work.

If you are looking for that special big brake upgrade I cant recommend the TT Shop enough fantastic modern premises, clean, coffee, and very knowledgeable staff, my new service centre to be sure!

Some pics

Last edited by marriedblonde; 16th September 2008 at 16:05.
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmmmmmmmm! niceee..
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    Lovely

1st Gear

Status
    wowww it will be nice to read about the installation.. i wonder what difficulties occur and how they are solved.. your brakes look massive..

will be waiting your update on the details..

Quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S38P View Post
    wowww it will be nice to read about the installation.. i wonder what difficulties occur and how they are solved.. your brakes look massive..

will be waiting your update on the details..
    i am also wondering too.
    They look great

1st Gear

Status
    I'd like to know more too!

08 Ibis S3, REVO stg2+, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, ITG intake, BSH catch can, H&R springs, 19" MTM's, Lamin-x'd
    ???bhp, ???ft/lbs

1st Gear

Status
    looking good - expensive mod to do?
    S3 Sept 08 to.....
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport April 04 - May 08

jamiekip
    Feck they look really good.
    can you share prices????
    Do you need 19" rims to fir them???

Awesome mod mate.

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Some more pictures for you

Report will follow soon!!

Last edited by marriedblonde; 16th September 2008 at 16:05.
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Very stealthy with the black calipers.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

4th Gear

Status
    Looks like they could fit behind certain 18" wheels??

Look amazing!!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm! niceee..
    You're going to need a set these soon Jonny!!

Andy, What diameter are the discs?

2nd Gear

Status
    Hmmmmm they look fekin sexy.... i just love them!

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

Uber Post Whore

Status
    They look fantastic.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Fatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Very very nice Andy

It also says on the TT site (The brakes will only fit behind 19") is this true?
    Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav

S3 LTN
    They look great mate.. Sure they will do the trick nicely.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Just in case anyone is interested you might want to read this.
    http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/sh...ct/2449/cat/12
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

4th Gear

Status
    Any more news on these?

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Just got back! tunnel was a nightmare, give me a couple of hours and I will post a report on the brakes..
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    My report if you need more info pm me I am happy to help

When I first purchased my S3 I knew the few touch’s that I wanted to do, re map, black 19” wheels, full milltek , and once I could find the right people, right product and the stopping power I wanted, the big brake upgrade..

Well I did not even have to settle for 2 out 0f 3 I got all 3 in one place, The TT shop in Kempston, near Bedford, Dave and the team there have been so helpful from day and question one I knew this was the place for me.

Now let me set the scene a little more, when on the Audi – sportball ’08 to the Stelvio pass, I had a “moment” which my old standard S3 brakes got me out of, but I knew the time had come to replace the single pot brakes with something a bit better, and still kept the Audi look I like, so the RS4 kit from The TT shop was the way forward for me!

I got to TT-S at 9am, to be met by Dave, who seemed even more excited than me
    about what the day would bring, he introduced me to the team, gave me a coffee and off went my baby for the “prototype” brakes to be fitted, with the huge viewing window I could watch the whole day as it happened, the head scratching, the hub filling, the spacer fitting, the power bleeding and the white tape taking offing!!

I won’t bore you with the fitting details, but hence to say I felt involved, and informed at every stage of the day..

Now I needed to know, as do you!, do they work?

Well I went to the Stelvio again to find out and I took my Mum!! (She’s not been well and needed a brake!) I had run them in nice a slowly over the weekend and trip down to our first stop in Strasbourg, so I knew if I needed them they would be there for me, with all those bends, mad Germans on bikes and mountain bikes, crazy Dutch camper vans, I was going to need them that was for sure!

For those that don’t know the Passo Di Stelvio rises to 2700ish metres over a 22 km stretch of mind bending hairpins and tight roads with snow at the top!

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immagin...da_Stelvio.JPG

My Mum summed it up better than I could when she asked why I had not used the brakes I had been going on about all trip!, I replied “Mum I have hardly been off the bloody things!” they were smooth, not even a sign of fade, and I could feel that if I had to “slam” them on they would still work, even after 60 hairpins, well on one fairly straight bit I gunned the car to well lets say over 130mph, when a mad German in a BMW decided that I wasn’t going that fast and would pull across the road and stop for a picture of the famous pass! My god did these babys work! I know I would have NOT stopped had it been the old S3 brakes, but with the RS4 conversion I had 20 yds to spare, so Dave and his team at TT Shop had done their job and fitted a prototype set of RS4 brakes to a S3 with a mad and slightly fast driver.

I have always said, it’s not the speed that matters its how much grip and stopping power you have and I have both now and love it!

If you only do 1 more mod, or you want better brakes give Dave a call on +44 (0)1234 853 225 I cannot praise and recommend them enough, thank you guys, you have made my S3 an outstanding one.

http://www.thettshop.co.uk/performan...product=600521
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

5th Gear

Status
    Excellent report Andy. Sounds like the perfect/natural next step in the S3's rise to gain
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Another pic!!

Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

6th Gear

Status
    Andy are you selling the S3 brakes that have come off your car?

is a retronaut

Status
    They look great mate! Nice mod. Can we see a side shot of the whole car please?

I got my spacers from Kempston TT shop. Great service. They seem to know their stuff and even warned me about fitting larger than 10mm on the rear because of the rubbing.

Also one of the young lads can't do maths and after agreeing a price he rang through a further 10 off!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    so, is there a proper rs4 kit for the S3 now at ttshop? with all the parts needed?
    can you give more details about the fitting? i wonder what is needed to fit these brakes to S3...

jamiekip
    Andy - every time I look at this i get more envious - great mod mate - looks forward to having a closer look at the Regal day.

Quote Originally Posted by S3 Big Andy View Post
    Another pic!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    The boys at the TT Shop know there stuff. I have a very good relationship with Dave/Justin etc.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Didnt know you headed that way, lol

jamiekip
    Ha ha ha, was just thinking the same thing!

6th Gear

Status

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Andy did you sell your old brakes this weekend as been offered some & he says got of someone who did an RS4 upgrade & you're the only one I know of whose done this recently, if is you what did he pay as he said was fairly good price?

The hint to me was him saying the guy was fairly big, couldnt be anyone else but Big Andy, lol.

Thanks.

NHN

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    I never got mine back from TTS! I never thought about selling them!

Where is he from? he might have my old ones from the shop I guess
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Uhhhh excuse me, you left them there, god man they are worth money, never leave **** behind like that, anyway if they cant produce them I would ask them to cough up as worth several hundred pounds fella, not something they should just sell on as its not there property

1st Gear

Status
    Owned

Speaking of which. When I got my dbilas installed, i told them to put the heat shield on. Having got home I inspected the installation a bit further and found the shield missing.
    Called them to ask them where it was, and they were like: Oh we couldnt fit it as there was already a heat shield.

They just didnt bother to inform me about that, and didnt even put it back in the boot or smthg.

Anyone know if its easy to install, now that the intake is in place?

Cheers,
    Tim

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublemint1984 View Post
    Owned

Speaking of which. When I got my dbilas installed, i told them to put the heat shield on. Having got home I inspected the installation a bit further and found the shield missing.
    Called them to ask them where it was, and they were like: Oh we couldnt fit it as there was already a heat shield.

They just didnt bother to inform me about that, and didnt even put it back in the boot or smthg.

Anyone know if its easy to install, now that the intake is in place?

Cheers,
    Tim
    Heatshield takes exactly 25 seconds to install..

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    A good business relationship, meaning I get incredibly healthy discounts

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    . I have a very good relationship with Dave/Justin etc.
    not sure about Justin but Daves married with kids
    MRC AUDI TT 425BHP/330ftlbs1/4MILE 12.28secs

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    classic, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast