EM TuningBadger5
    2008 Audi S3

Status

the new J Fuel pump

Can anyone confirm if the new J pump says J on the pump? One of my friends had his fuelpump swopped out with a J, but the soleniod on top still reflects H. Audi are saying that the H pump has been replaced by the J, but the part still reflects as J when you look at it. The service manager and the technician are agreeing with my friend and saying its wrong, however the parts department is adament that is what Audi are doing.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkie69 View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the new J pump says J on the pump? One of my friends had his fuelpump swopped out with a J, but the soleniod on top still reflects H. Audi are saying that the H pump has been replaced by the J, but the part still reflects as J when you look at it. The service manager and the technician are agreeing with my friend and saying its wrong, however the parts department is adament that is what Audi are doing.
    Now that is interesting. I was told by Audi that the J pump was introduced in June 2007. Mine is a July 2007 build but it says H on the top of the pump. You've got me all optimistic now Sakkie that I actually have a J but that the label simply says H. How do we find this out for sure ? Dunno ...
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    ye well I ordered the new facelift chrome headlight switch which I have just confirmed is correct part number with another AS member as they bought exact one, they got chrome one I got standard no chrome, work that out & identical part number aswell, lol,

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    i had a look at my pump today for the first time and the solenoid on top still says H, the car was built march 08, maybe the pump is j while the solenoid is still H

08 Ibis S3, REVO stg2+, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, ITG intake, BSH catch can, H&R springs, 19" MTM's, Lamin-x'd
    ???bhp, ???ft/lbs