the new J Fuel pump

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the new J pump says J on the pump? One of my friends had his fuelpump swopped out with a J, but the soleniod on top still reflects H. Audi are saying that the H pump has been replaced by the J, but the part still reflects as J when you look at it. The service manager and the technician are agreeing with my friend and saying its wrong, however the parts department is adament that is what Audi are doing.

Can anyone confirm if the new J pump says J on the pump? One of my friends had his fuelpump swopped out with a J, but the soleniod on top still reflects H. Audi are saying that the H pump has been replaced by the J, but the part still reflects as J when you look at it. The service manager and the technician are agreeing with my friend and saying its wrong, however the parts department is adament that is what Audi are doing.

Now that is interesting. I was told by Audi that the J pump was introduced in June 2007. Mine is a July 2007 build but it says H on the top of the pump. You've got me all optimistic now Sakkie that I actually have a J but that the label simply says H. How do we find this out for sure ? Dunno ...

ye well I ordered the new facelift chrome headlight switch which I have just confirmed is correct part number with another AS member as they bought exact one, they got chrome one I got standard no chrome, work that out & identical part number aswell, lol,

i had a look at my pump today for the first time and the solenoid on top still says H, the car was built march 08, maybe the pump is j while the solenoid is still H