The order is in, the wait is long...

leogrs3

Reaction score
Well, after a long summer of thinking, and the much appreciated opinions from a lot of you on my past threads, i have placed the order for the :s3addict:...i must say the wait is long but i sure hope its worth it.....

(some people my be surpriced about the addons, but as i found out, each country has its own goodies that come standard with the car)

here it goes...

S3 SB BLUE SPRINT
Black Silk Nappa Leather
Open Sky
Reversible load floor
Flat bottom stearing
Bose
20 spoke alloy wheels
Magnetic Ride
Adaptive light
Storage pack
Heated Seats
Acoustic parking system plus
Center Armrest
Tire Pressure and flat tire indicator
Folding Mirrors
Light pack
Rain & light sensor
Hill Control

I think i over did it a little..... now starts the long wait...estimated delivery is DEC, but to avoid double registration tax, i will have the dealer keep it until Jan 2nd, and then starts the fun...

Now i have to look for a RNS to retrofit, an exhaust probably a filter...and have to do some extended research for probably chiping it (that will take place probably later on)...

Then my wife will divorce me....

Thats it for now...all suggestion are fully appreciated it....

thanks dbndude, well notes... but the car will be in here name due to tax reasons..

Well, after a long summer of thinking, and the much appreciated opinions from a lot of you on my past threads, i have placed the order for the :s3addict:...i must say the wait is long but i sure hope its worth it.....

(some people my be surpriced about the addons, but as i found out, each country has its own goodies that come standard with the car)

here it goes...

S3 SB BLUE SPRINT
Black Silk Nappa Leather
Open Sky
Reversible load floor
Flat bottom stearing
Bose
20 spoke alloy wheels
Magnetic Ride
Adaptive light
Storage pack
Heated Seats
Acoustic parking system plus
Center Armrest
Tire Pressure and flat tire indicator
Folding Mirrors
Light pack
Rain & light sensor
Hill Control

I think i over did it a little..... now starts the long wait...estimated delivery is DEC, but to avoid double registration tax, i will have the dealer keep it until Jan 2nd, and then starts the fun...

Now i have to look for a RNS to retrofit, an exhaust probably a filter...and have to do some extended research for probably chiping it (that will take place probably later on)...

Then my wife will divorce me....

Thats it for now...all suggestion are fully appreciated it....

Ah man, man after my own S3 Sportback with all the technology Heart, lol, all I can say is Bar Steward, lol

But you missed Auto Dimming Side Mirrors & trust me they are well worth it, can be modded though as I did & oem wiring mod not some crappy job.

Memory seats as she will not divorce you for that then, also this will stop you divorcing her for constantly moving the seats around, man that ****** me of when my missus used to do in mine.

So didnt go for the recaro buckets as that spec is good huh

Nice spec, but i hope your not too tall, as i am always clipping my lowered roof (from the opensky), really cheeses me off. I'm 6'2".

How about adding some roof rails too.

ah ****, yeah roof rails as it does make the car look better IMHO

Your right, i did add the roof rails in silver, they were a must with the opensky, and the auto dimming side mirrors are a must also with the folding mirrors...

in regards to the hight i am 5'7'', so i think i will be ok,

about the electric and memory seats, they are not offered at all here, i really wanted them....it really sucks...

No no no man, why you ordering my car, lol, so didnt prefer the black rails then fella & now she will divorce you if no memory seats or more like who will divorce who quickest, lol.

Now that the order is in, should i wait to buy an RNS, are new ones coming out in Dec/Jan, (new s/w specs, etc), or should i search and get one now...

they wont be any different from now to then mate, all that will be upgraded is the maps but thats simply a new set of dvd's that will be on ebay soon after release anyway for alot less then the stealers, the RNS units wont change, only thing between units now & then would possibly be the alum dials which can be bought from the stealers fairly cheap as me & MarcQuinnny have & change yourself, its funny cause ebayers are paying even more than retail for the dials, lol, how dumb are they, but RNS-E wont change until new A3 comes out in year or 2 I guess, as its due for change, I assume yours has double din as I thought all new cars are double din units now with the newer concert 3 I think with large display.

The auto dimming wing mirrors are included in the Light and Rain sensor pack now, you dont have to spec them separately now.

Thats kinda strange they have included £500 worth of glass now, I would hazard a guess the price has gone up for that option dramatically then or you're mistaken as they're £250 a piece for the mirrors as I did mine, checked audi then bought from my german parts mate for £85 for both, lol.

thanks nigelhoden, i did some research about the RNS also, i guess you are right, i will start searching next for one, and then i have to see who will fit it for me and program it. I will check with my dealer if they can do it. Afraid of doing it my self, my screw something up, and also it needs also to be programed i assume. Well, I have 3 months to figure all that out.

About the mirrors, dimming, etc, and some other extras, they are all offered in different ways according to the agreement between the factory and each Country, for example, in Greece we they dont offer the electric & memory seats.

Fella, dont you dare goto the stealers to do it, AS members will help you as much as poss, thats blasphemy going to them mate, lol, seriously we can all get you running without any intervention from them trust me.

Do yourself a massive favour though fella, order your full on vagcom kit now, get the hex can usb version not micro incase you wanna use with other cars & trust me you will, get direct from ross-tech & will be with you within 2-5 days, save you countless visits to stealers & money aswell, then you can learn how to do the rns aswell as other things, we all started somewhere fella.

Ref mirrors well fair play if you can get £500 mirrors free then hey feck it take them huh, lol.

The option from what I can remeber is now about £400 nigel for the auto diming rear view, side mirrors, auto wipers and lights!

huh, £400, that doesnt even cover replacement glass, lol, audi maybe realising market movements or have alot of spare ones lying around, lol, very surprised on that cost if thats the case

Not bad, lol, for the stealers that kinda unheard of fella, but you know I did a configurator on audi.co.uk & wasnt an option so its a walk in & go down list job for that kinda thing, stupid as they have the price guide online as shown pdf but dont include number of items in the configurator which is dumb, real dumb, but now I know its very cheap might look at new car next year afterall, but bet they've added it some where else.

Not bad, lol, for the stealers that kinda unheard of fella, but you know I did a configurator on audi.co.uk & wasnt an option so its a walk in & go down list job for that kinda thing, stupid as they have the price guide online as shown pdf but dont include number of items in the configurator which is dumb, real dumb, but now I know its very cheap might look at new car next year afterall, but bet they've added it some where else.

Not really!

Quite a few things have had the price reduced from last years brochure to be honest.

Jam have you got a stealer deal for your old S3, what they offer if they did or if not whats the glass guide value?

NHN

Yes mate.

Traded it in end of Jun and got 22k for it, 16 months old on a 56 plate with 17k on the clock.

Full guide price and have spoken to the lad that bought it from them and he bought it for 21k!

Coming down then fella, I never buy new as its kinda pointless given how much a 2nd user loses after few months, might wait for another S3 as had my last one from 10k for 7 years, loved it to bits

Its amazing how prices differ from country to country on the new ones, before i placed the order i was looking for a used one, (i wanted a SB to start with), but for the 3 door, about 1.5 years old, they were selling them for about 30-35K Euros, when the new one here costs 42K, so i am not sure if its really worth it. The only difference is that you got a lot of option on the car, wereas on the one you had to pay for them. On the previous model 8L, they go for about 20-28K. The other thing is that in Greece, they kill cars like that. (driving wise), you can never know what the true history of the car is, they really push them to the end.

Fella, dont you dare goto the stealers to do it, AS members will help you as much as poss, thats blasphemy going to them mate, lol, seriously we can all get you running without any intervention from them trust me.

Do yourself a massive favour though fella, order your full on vagcom kit now, get the hex can usb version not micro incase you wanna use with other cars & trust me you will, get direct from ross-tech & will be with you within 2-5 days, save you countless visits to stealers & money aswell, then you can learn how to do the rns aswell as other things, we all started somewhere fella.

Ref mirrors well fair play if you can get £500 mirrors free then hey feck it take them huh, lol.
Thanks nigelhobden, The only reason i was going to have the dealer do it for me, its because they said they will do it for free, as an aprceciation for placing the order for the car to them. Its not a bad idea, i can blame them if anything goes wrong. But you are right i should get my self a vagcom kit. The only reason i never got one in the past, is because i was i afraid i might screw something on the car. Had some bad expirience with my Golf, the dealers love that, because they charge a fortune, to fix what ever you have done wrong, they give you all kinds of reasons saying you screwd up the whole car brain...ect... i will start looking for one (RNS) and a vagcom kit, and they i will look up on AS for help....