Whiteline Front Anti-lift/Caster Kit

boggysv

Reaction score
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50901

Since the 8P and the MKV is essentially the same car underneath (please dont hurt me!), I was wondering if we can use this?

I think they also do a bumpsteer correction kit for the mkv as well? Anyone have any experience with them?

The 8P is no lightweight ballerina, but no harm trying right?

http://www.whitelineautomotive.co.uk - there seem to be plenty of uk stockists on their website as well.

i used a different approach - the k-mac adjustable top mount which gives adjustable caster and camber - increasing the camber definately improves the car loads - more front grip, more self-centering on the steering and the standard audi centre vagueness has gone.

I've used the whiteline stuff on Subarus and its normally well made stuff and does make a differance.
Looking at the above thread on golfmkv forumn its not a DIY fit so have a budget an hour or two at a specalist and have the tracking checked afterwards as well.

Richard

http://www.whitelineautomotive.co.uk - there seem to be plenty of uk stockists on their website as well.

i used a different approach - the k-mac adjustable top mount which gives adjustable caster and camber - increasing the camber definately improves the car loads - more front grip, more self-centering on the steering and the standard audi centre vagueness has gone.

This one? Or the pillow ball ones? Any noticable increase in noise/harshness/vibration compared to stock?
I'm looking at the full VF engine mount kit as well, but dont want girls to get too excited when they ride in my car (if you get what I mean).

stage1silver.gif

What range are you able to adjust if I may ask? What if you use two of them together? If there's too much caster, there's always the option of dialing it back with the top-mount i think..

*edit* just noticed the plate doesnt have markings on it, so are you bound to an alignment machine when adjusting?

Still dont know how the "anti lift" feature works on the whiteline though...my brain sucks at visualizing stuff.

the k-mac for the tt/a3 is the one without the silastic bush to keep the ride height the same as standard - it doesnt have more harshness/vibration except an increased thump when going over sharp edged bumps - i added a sheet of rubber between the top of the mount and the underside of the strut tower to reduce this, similar to the oem mounts rubber coating on the top surface

it allows about 2.5-3 deg negative camber at least, with caster of about +1 to 2 deg - i have mine set at -1.75deg camber and about 8deg caster - the top end of normal range for the a3 - i will probably add another 1/2deg caster to about 8.5deg.

there are no accurate marks - once fitted you need to do a proper 4 wheel alignment, but for road use, you dont move it unless you take the suspension apart.

you probably need to reduce the rear camber somewhat as well, particularly after lowering cos you can end up with a silly amount of rear negative camber just by lowering.