What do you thin kof this? A3 170 Quattro Sportback

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have a 2002 A4 130 TDI and have decided after 30 months that i will change it. Earlier today I was passing my local VW main dealer and spotted a rather stunning A3 sportback.

2006/56 A3 170 Quattro S-line
5 door
Manual
17,234 miles
black
Privacy glass
18" 5 arm wheels
Half Leather black/black

this car looks like it has just come out of the show roo inside and out i have only spotted three things: -

Two of the P-zero tyres are just on the 2mm bar
one of the tyres is new but is made by 'full run' or 'full speed'? It is new though.
the bottom of the near side front wing curls round under the car, but it looks like it has been caught slightly underneath and is 5mm out of line at the join with the cill. only obvious if you are really picky.

they have it on there forecourt for £15,995 my first attempt to get him down was answered by 'well if we don't get 15,995 we will just put it onto there Audi court (next door) at a higher price' cant seem to find any in autotrader for as low as this one.

any advice on this car and price would be really apreceiated especially anything about the DPF.

thank you

toby (anyone want to buy a 2002 A4 130 18" alloys and tints) samuel

Hi all

I currently have a 2002 A4 130 TDI and have decided after 30 months that i will change it. Earlier today I was passing my local VW main dealer and spotted a rather stunning A3 sportback.

2006/56 A3 170 Quattro S-line
5 door
Manual
17,234 miles
black
Privacy glass
18" 5 arm wheels
Half Leather black/black

this car looks like it has just come out of the show roo inside and out i have only spotted three things: -

Two of the P-zero tyres are just on the 2mm bar
one of the tyres is new but is made by 'full run' or 'full speed'? It is new though.
the bottom of the near side front wing curls round under the car, but it looks like it has been caught slightly underneath and is 5mm out of line at the join with the cill. only obvious if you are really picky.

they have it on there forecourt for £15,995 my first attempt to get him down was answered by 'well if we don't get 15,995 we will just put it onto there Audi court (next door) at a higher price' cant seem to find any in autotrader for as low as this one.

any advice on this car and price would be really apreceiated especially anything about the DPF.

thank you

toby (anyone want to buy a 2002 A4 130 18" alloys and tints) samuel

The salesman you spoke to sounds like a right tool. The car and spec sound good, used cars are struggling at the minute and if the Audi garage next door wanted the car on stock it would already be there full stop. Get negotiating, new tyres on the front and at least 7/8 % off the asking price if no trade in, don't ask the salesman just offer £14,500 as a starting point and work your way up, good luck.

yeah I 2nd that the salesmen is full of himself & a TOOL with capital T, just go in low & say you've seen a few from other dealers for better deals & you're ready to deal but not at that price as its to high, ask if he wants a deal today or a car sitting there gaining dust, just say you havnt got time to psych salesmen out if he be's bit more realistic given the economic climate then he might have a deal, obviously this guy hasnt read the papers or news on finances at moment, lol, lol, he should count himself lucky fella.

thanks for the pricing advice you aare correct, i have spoken to my dad (Dealer Principal of a citreon garage) about the price and i should haggle.

was looking for further advice on the DPF and if this is a good A3 to purchase

Thank you

Sounds like a good car but defo try and get him down
for my a3 they wanted £11,000 54plate 43,091miles one owner
I got it for £8750 free champange and new back tyres and full tank :)
Sales guy obviously in his own world right about now.
I went vw the other day was considering getting a new golf 58 white 2.0 170bhp
gti limited edition or some thing alone those lines. They wanted £22,650 i said no and i said if i was to buy it i gie them £20,000 and they were willing to let it go.

My friend looking for a a4 pm