AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    KRL
    3rd Gear

Status

Brake Fluid Change

Hi,

My A3 went in for a service this week at the dealers. I was expecting the brake fluid to be changed as the car is now two years old and the service manual states that the brake fluid should be changed every two years.

However it was not changed and when I questioned this the response I was given is that on my particular year and model of car (56 plate MY07 A3 Sportback) the first brake fluid change is not due until 3 years and then it will be every 2 years from then on.

Is there anybody on here who could confirm whether this is true as it sounds a little strange to me?
    Last edited by KRL; 4th September 2008 at 17:41.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

2. # ADS
    ADS

Mellow Yellow

Status
    I don't know for sure, but logic would say the first one was done sooner, in the same way that the first oil change is.

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Yes I agree. Are there any people from dealers here that would be able to comment?
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

1st Gear

Status
    regardless of what the book says get it changed - brake fluid is hydroscopic and after two years would have collected a fair amount of moisture

just had mine done this week, would have done it myself but didn't have the time

dropped it off at an indy and he charged me 90 incl an MOT

5th Gear

Status
    no its supposed to be changed eveyr two years irrespective of mileage - however it isn't included in the 'all in service' cost yo pay - it is an extra 85 last time i had my last car done) howver small tip here is to have it done elsewhere for half the price... i was in a SEAT dealer last week taking my mums car for a service and was asking them and they say they can service any VAG car and still stamp the service book - eg brake fluid change is 39.99 instead of 84.99 at my local audi... food for thought seeing as they use the same parts on a SEAT altea as they do on an A3 since its virtually the same car!