Audi Driver International - S3 meet????

J

jamiekip

Was wondering if people were up for an S3 meet at Audi Driver International?

I've never been before, but looks like a good event.

http://www.audidriverinternational.co.uk/

Does anyone know if there is audi-sport.net stand organised already?????

You can get on track for £90 for an AM or PM session or a FULL day at £162

Think I'm going to go anyway as a few people I know are heading up.

Anyone else????

1. Jamiekip
2. JonnyC
3. Mitch78

Come on you S3 owners.... add your name to the list and get your tickets booked.
If there are enough of us we can see about getting a specific S3 track session...

Does anyone know if there is an age limit for driving on the track? 18? 20? 24?

might be up for that....

I'm in.
My girlf's got relatives down thar so it'll tie in nicely.
Gotta go, still on holiday and i'm about to launch this ****** mobile into the sea.. ;)

1. Jamiekip
2. JonnyC
3. Mitch78
4. L60N (less his mobile!)

Oh yeh im comming baby......:sex:lol!

yeh my mate is still coming i am still gonna be selling but im gonna enjoy it for the moment and add on a few toys just waiting on a few prices and hopefully they will be fitted before the RR day.
Saf

I am booked for the track day!

Time for some proper hoooooooooooooooning!

1. Jamiekip
2. JonnyC
3. Mitch78
5. S3 Saf (I think???)
6. RobinA3 - already booked on track

What's everyone doing on track, full day, half day - am or pm????

Robin - I might, if you'll have it with you, pick your rbains on Vag-Com if that's OK?

lol....cant wait to see jonnyc on track.... its going to be a laugh!

1. Jamiekip
2. JonnyC
3. Mitch78
5. S3 Saf (I think???)

What's everyone doing on track, full day, half day - am or pm????

Robin - I might, if you'll have it with you, pick your rbains on Vag-Com if that's OK?

no problem mate, i'll bring it with me.

I'm hoping to get up there to give the S3 some serious stick around the track. Went a couple of years when it was pretty foggy but still great fun. Had the REVO map installed yesterday and been enjoying it all day. Next step is to fit Oli's old Milltek, which I'm picking up at the weekend, and a CAI of some sort. Hopefully it will all be fitted by then. It'll be good to meet up with you all and check out some of those mod's that's been carried out.

For people who have done the track day before how much does castle combe muller a set of tyres?

i have around 3-4mm left on my F1's all round and by the trackday i will have around 2.5 - 3mm left due to the mileage i will be doing from now till then, is it worth getting a set of new boots on it before the track day or afterwards?

Didn't find last time to bad on my tyres. I had some almost dead P-zeros (2 - 2.5mm) and was planning to kill them on the track but they seemed to last ok. Went home still legal and managed a bit more running around on them.

I'd keep your F1's on and finish them off on the track.

ive never been on track so this should be a good experience any pointers would be much appretiated guys....:racer:

Ill be there making some noise no doubt!! Last time I went on track with the S3 I got blacked flagged for noise.. Hmm, that was without the big turbo too! arrgh lol..

Castle Combe have quite strict noise limits, so you won't be allowed out on track if you're too noisy ;) .

I might be up for this as well, but it could be a step too far for 'er indoors, as I'll be at CC on 20th September for Rally Day and then the RR day on 4th Oct, so my brownie point total might be in the red by then :) !

Phil

1. Jamiekip
2. JonnyC
3. Mitch78
5. S3 Saf (I think???)
7. boggym

Robin - thanks for the Vag-Com - can you give me an idea of things that can be done with it... was wondering if it was possible to ut tail lights on with DRL's that sort of thing.
Jonny - you should charge for passenger laps.....
boggym - be good to meet you to mate - there's a great S3 community here!
Phil - this would be the perfect day for you to try out that remap you're not going to buy :whistle2:

Who's booking what for the trackday then?

This is one of the better shows of the year for me, last year was great, Jojo from the 8L section organised a stand last year and a good few of us went-if you scan back through the events section there are loads of pics:thumbsup: I have got shot of my car but will still go but have to sneak in and park in a quiet corner somewhere lol:whistle2:
Dont think its very hard on tyres, although I only did one session last year, your tyres should be fine though Robin.:cool:
Will be good to see some newer stuff on a stand this year,only mine & one other 8P on our stand last.
See you all there!!!:footy:

Robin - thanks for the Vag-Com - can you give me an idea of things that can be done with it... was wondering if it was possible to ut tail lights on with DRL's that sort of thing.

Just off the top of my head these are the things i have done on mine.

1. Lighting for the dials are always on regardless of side/head lights.
2. One click auto windows - when the windows are open and you press the key fob and hold it down as soon as the windows start to close you can let go of the button and they will fully close.
3. Rear lights match the DRL's so they are always on if you have DRL's switched on.
4. Footwell/Warning/Puddle light activation.
5. Home coming lights activated.
6. Rear wiper drip wipe - after you use the rear washer jet the wiper comes on about 10 seconds afterwards to clean up any drips.
7. One click on the keyfob opens all locks as i hate having to do the double click

I really want a load of bits doing to mine via vag-com, do you think that on the day someone would be able to help me, and possibly some others out?

I dont mind paying for your time, just nice to have your car just how you like it, this is the next step really..

Alternatively, I have access to a Vag com lead, but dont know how to do the programming for these modifications, any chance you could steer me in the right direction?

Really want to do the steering weight mod too, mine feels super light!!

Thanks

Jonny

You're a legend Robin - appreciated!
Will sort you out with some beer money!

From your list, I like:

1. Lighting for the dials are always on regardless of side/head lights.
2. One click auto windows - when the windows are open and you press the key fob and hold it down as soon as the windows start to close you can let go of the button and they will fully close.
3. Rear lights match the DRL's so they are always on if you have DRL's switched on.
4. Footwell/Warning/Puddle light activation. I HAVE THE LIGHT PACK - WILL THIS THEREFORE ALREADY BE ACTIVITED?
5. Home coming lights activated. - HOW DOES THIS WORK?
6. Rear wiper drip wipe - after you use the rear washer jet the wiper comes on about 10 seconds afterwards to clean up any drips.

Also, as per JonnyC would be interested in weighting up the steering - I thought this function was unavailble on 2007MY cars though????

I can do that for you Jonny, or show you how to do it, I don't mind either way. I know I'm not that far from you in Leeds, so distance isn't a problem. I can't do this weekend because of work, but pretty much anytime after that should be ok for me.

Sent you a PM mate!

4. Footwell/Warning/Puddle light activation. I HAVE THE LIGHT PACK - WILL THIS THEREFORE ALREADY BE ACTIVITED?
5. Home coming lights activated. - HOW DOES THIS WORK?

Also, as per JonnyC would be interested in weighting up the steering - I thought this function was unavailble on 2007MY cars though????

Erm you should have the puddle lights etc already then, do you have lights underneath your doors?

The home coming lights is the function where the lights come on when you unlock your car and also comes on when you lock your car and then go out after a certain time, mien is set for 30seconds, the mod just need aa earth cable from the car loom connectors earthing to an earth point after the function has been switched on with vagcom.

There is a thread in the events & meets section now and they are looking at arranging a AS net stand for people interested...:icon_thumright:

Easy guys, met sum of you fellas for the Gti international meet, was a good laff driving down with you all, this shud be awesome watching some of the Audi-sport lot tearing it up on the track! Jamiekip if you could kindly add me to the list mate Im up for this, only problem is Im in the process off swapping my A3 for an B6 S4, am i still allowed to tag along? pretty please :whistle2:

s3boost - of course mate - I only posted in here as it's pretty active!
I've popped our names in the meets section too where i think someone has organised an ASN stand!

1. Jamiekip
2. JonnyC
3. Mitch78
5. S3 Saf (I think???)
7. boggym
8. highwayman (MAYBE!)
9. s3boost

What time are people booking to go on track then???

Cheers mate, thats one of the things im gonna miss bout my A3, these cars have a big following, especially in this forum. Not many people want to chat about v8 S4s.:3sadwalk:

4 -real get your name down mate, you know it makes sense! This is gonna be a awesome meet :racer:

Would love to e there guys but due to family commitments that day i can't go :crying: