Badger5JMB Retrofits
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If in doubt, flat out.

Status
    Where are these videos at??

Think a S3 is a serious contender fot my next car, cant get the power down in the GTI's being FWD...so I think I will hold off on modding it and see what I can do in the new year to get a S3.
    08-Present Golf MKV GTI Edition 30 (230)
    06-08 Vauxhall Astra SportHatch (150)
    04-06 Renault Clio Authentique (60)

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    hello pal, thats 1 of the reasons I went for the S3 and not another ED30

08 Ibis S3, REVO stg2+, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, ITG intake, BSH catch can, H&R springs, 19" MTM's, Lamin-x'd
    ???bhp, ???ft/lbs

If in doubt, flat out.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCharlie View Post
    hello pal, thats 1 of the reasons I went for the S3 and not another ED30
    Yeah it seems the way forward...230hp in this type of weather is unusable so 330 hp is just out of the question.

Just a shame the way your ED30 came to a rest...S3 is looking sweet though, like the rims...think Ive told you that over on GolfGTI.co.uk

Alot of people would probably disagree..mainly the ones running that sort of power in the ED30's and will defend it to the bone but in all honestly its just stupid, never had the pleasure of driving an S3 but think it would just pull like foook off the line with that sort of power. Would certainly put a smile on my face anyway.
    Last edited by Edition30; 7th December 2008 at 18:36.
    08-Present Golf MKV GTI Edition 30 (230)
    06-08 Vauxhall Astra SportHatch (150)
    04-06 Renault Clio Authentique (60)

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    330bhp in an S3 is all right I guess
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Big Andy View Post
    330bhp in an S3 is all right I guess
    No, its definitely not right

GEORGE

Status
    hey jonny and every one
    im thinking of a bt for my 8L
    are Regal Autosport any good with the older s3's?

Thanks

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Edition30 View Post
    Yeah it seems the way forward...230hp in this type of weather is unusable so 330 hp is just out of the question.

Just a shame the way your ED30 came to a rest...S3 is looking sweet though, like the rims...think Ive told you that over on GolfGTI.co.uk

Alot of people would probably disagree..mainly the ones running that sort of power in the ED30's and will defend it to the bone but in all honestly its just stupid, never had the pleasure of driving an S3 but think it would just pull like foook off the line with that sort of power. Would certainly put a smile on my face anyway.
    Having had both an ED30 and an S3, both tuned (a fair amount in the S3's case, and soon to be the same with the ED30) I have a fairly good idea of how they compare..

The GTI feels very different to the S3 but a FWD car with 400+HP is fine, only with supporting mods! A lot of the guys running 300hp+ have nothing more than a few very minor supporting modifications.. Pretty daft IMO

My ED30 will have 360HP+ with the standard turbo, and once I go BT more like 450 - 500hp but it will also have..

DSG software
    Clutch Packs
    LSD
    Proper suspension
    Bushes
    ARB's
    Lightweight wheels with proper tyres
    Full set-up
    Big brakes

Etc etc etc..

Having driven the Regal GTI (running similiar power to my S3) I can confirm that with the correct supporting modifications, good mapping etc that it has no trouble converting that power into forward motion..

The standard ED30 is extremely underpowered, it will struggle to handle big power with no other modifications but honestly its fine if you invest some money in making all that power useable..

Its pretty cheap and easy to get the power out of these cars but there is a lot more to it than that.. The rest of the stuff costs a lot more, and is way more involved and thats the reason that most dont bother with it.. hence the feeling that most people have of.. if it spins the wheels with 230bhp, imagine what it would be like with 330hp etc etc..

Gotta pay to play.. Or something like that
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    Johnny - Has the s3 gone - Pistonheads says it has.

Awesome car though ... Just wish i could get insured on oneee !
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

4th Gear

Status
    Hey

Yeah S3 has gone, sold after a day of advertisement, loads of interest too! Could have sold it 4 times in as many days!!

How old are you? I was insured fine on the S3 when I first got it, I was 20..

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Hey

Yeah S3 has gone, sold after a day of advertisement, loads of interest too! Could have sold it 4 times in as many days!!

How old are you? I was insured fine on the S3 when I first got it, I was 20..

Jonny
    At 20 - how did you do that! ANd how much were you paying if you dont mind me asking? And who with ?

I was 18 when i got the A3 and just about got insured on it for 1300ish. Had quotes of 6k+ !
    Last edited by kaz219; 16th December 2008 at 17:46.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz219 View Post
    At 20 - how did you do that! ANd how much were you paying if you dont mind me asking?

I was 18 when i got the A3 and just about got insured on it for 1300ish. Had quotes of 6k+ !
    Your both doing well!

At 20 I had a stolen recovered Cavalier SRi 130 worth about 1200.
    Had to insure that under my Dads name as insurance under my own name was prohibitive.
    I though I was king of the road with 130 of GMs rampaging finest under that sleek MK2 Cav bonnet.

That was a looong time ago mind you......

cheers
    Paul

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Your both doing well!

At 20 I had a stolen recovered Cavalier SRi 130 worth about 1200.
    Had to insure that under my Dads name as insurance under my own name was prohibitive.
    I though I was king of the road with 130 of GMs rampaging finest under that sleek MK2 Cav bonnet.

That was a looong time ago mind you......

cheers
    Paul
    Now you're making me think back - at 20 I had a 1971 air cooled Beetle "Cal-Looker". Lowered, resprayed, bucket seats, uprated ICE, chrome everywhere. About 67bhp I think. You could only measure how long ago that was by some sort of carbon dating technique.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz219 View Post
    At 20 - how did you do that! ANd how much were you paying if you dont mind me asking? And who with ?

OMG i am paying 2k at 20 for my "only" A3. Only had my licence for 6 months so i guess thats why.

Any advice on who i can try when renewal comes ?
    A3 '04 2.0TDI 140 DSG with lots of goodies but stock

6th Gear

Status
    On my A3 its 980 but thats on my mum name last time i checked by myself was over 1,500 but that was in june and i passed january the 10th this year so that might be why.
    Looking forward to seeing your mods on the ED30

Ashley

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    At 20 I had a Hillman Avenger I paid 30 for it and cost me 37 to insure!!
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Now you're making me think back - at 20 I had a 1971 air cooled Beetle "Cal-Looker". Lowered, resprayed, bucket seats, uprated ICE, chrome everywhere. About 67bhp I think. You could only measure how long ago that was by some sort of carbon dating technique.
    He He.
    F##k, I feel old

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Heres a quick picture of the PCV mod that I have been talking about, this blocks off the inlet manifold and you run the hose from the PCV to atmosphere, in certain conditions you will prevent yourself loosing 1-2psi boost when the PCV opens with this mod..

Jonny
    Wow, this mod astonishes me, in the fact that it actually works. I tried having an atmospheric release port on my last car Leon Cupra R 225, but it constantly threw error codes and put me into limp.

How did you discover it, and have you noticed any long term side effects?

DO you run a boost gauge to monitor the boost PSI max/min levels for daily driving?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Quattro

Status
    AAAAAHH i wanna see the vid lol
    WHY on earth did u sell it johnny ????? id of baught that :'-( i only got mine in Jan im gutted !!
    im very interested in the pcv mod too mine seems sluggish a lot then exellent randomly its so annoying !! does it actually prevent this full time ???
    Last edited by S3-Dan; 12th March 2009 at 19:57.

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

6th Gear

Status
    The white S3 on this thread was advertised on piston heads last year. As its been sold now

Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123