Regal Autosport Vf Engineering RS/S S3

Where are these videos at??

Think a S3 is a serious contender fot my next car, cant get the power down in the GTI's being FWD...so I think I will hold off on modding it and see what I can do in the new year to get a S3.

hello pal, thats 1 of the reasons I went for the S3 and not another ED30

hello pal, thats 1 of the reasons I went for the S3 and not another ED30

Yeah it seems the way forward...230hp in this type of weather is unusable so 330 hp is just out of the question.

Just a shame the way your ED30 came to a rest...S3 is looking sweet though, like the rims...think Ive told you that over on GolfGTI.co.uk

Alot of people would probably disagree..mainly the ones running that sort of power in the ED30's and will defend it to the bone but in all honestly its just stupid, never had the pleasure of driving an S3 but think it would just pull like foook off the line with that sort of power. Would certainly put a smile on my face anyway.

hey jonny and every one
im thinking of a bt for my 8L
are Regal Autosport any good with the older s3's?

Thanks

Yeah it seems the way forward...230hp in this type of weather is unusable so 330 hp is just out of the question.

Just a shame the way your ED30 came to a rest...S3 is looking sweet though, like the rims...think Ive told you that over on GolfGTI.co.uk

Alot of people would probably disagree..mainly the ones running that sort of power in the ED30's and will defend it to the bone but in all honestly its just stupid, never had the pleasure of driving an S3 but think it would just pull like foook off the line with that sort of power. Would certainly put a smile on my face anyway.

Having had both an ED30 and an S3, both tuned (a fair amount in the S3's case, and soon to be the same with the ED30) I have a fairly good idea of how they compare..

The GTI feels very different to the S3 but a FWD car with 400+HP is fine, only with supporting mods! A lot of the guys running 300hp+ have nothing more than a few very minor supporting modifications.. Pretty daft IMO

My ED30 will have 360HP+ with the standard turbo, and once I go BT more like 450 - 500hp but it will also have..

DSG software
Clutch Packs
LSD
Proper suspension
Bushes
ARB's
Lightweight wheels with proper tyres
Full set-up
Big brakes

Etc etc etc..

Having driven the Regal GTI (running similiar power to my S3) I can confirm that with the correct supporting modifications, good mapping etc that it has no trouble converting that power into forward motion..

The standard ED30 is extremely underpowered, it will struggle to handle big power with no other modifications but honestly its fine if you invest some money in making all that power useable.. :)

Its pretty cheap and easy to get the power out of these cars but there is a lot more to it than that.. The rest of the stuff costs a lot more, and is way more involved and thats the reason that most dont bother with it.. hence the feeling that most people have of.. if it spins the wheels with 230bhp, imagine what it would be like with 330hp etc etc..

Gotta pay to play.. Or something like that:think:

Johnny - Has the s3 gone - Pistonheads says it has.

Awesome car though ... Just wish i could get insured on oneee ! :(

Hey

Yeah S3 has gone, sold after a day of advertisement, loads of interest too! Could have sold it 4 times in as many days!!

How old are you? I was insured fine on the S3 when I first got it, I was 20..

Jonny

Hey

Yeah S3 has gone, sold after a day of advertisement, loads of interest too! Could have sold it 4 times in as many days!!

How old are you? I was insured fine on the S3 when I first got it, I was 20..

Jonny

At 20 - how did you do that! ANd how much were you paying if you dont mind me asking? And who with ?

I was 18 when i got the A3 and just about got insured on it for £1300ish. Had quotes of £6k+ !

At 20 - how did you do that! ANd how much were you paying if you dont mind me asking?

I was 18 when i got the A3 and just about got insured on it for £1300ish. Had quotes of £6k+ !

Your both doing well!

At 20 I had a stolen recovered Cavalier SRi 130 worth about £1200.
Had to insure that under my Dads name as insurance under my own name was prohibitive.
I though I was king of the road with 130 of GMs rampaging finest under that sleek MK2 Cav bonnet.

That was a looong time ago mind you......

cheers
Paul

Your both doing well!

At 20 I had a stolen recovered Cavalier SRi 130 worth about £1200.
Had to insure that under my Dads name as insurance under my own name was prohibitive.
I though I was king of the road with 130 of GMs rampaging finest under that sleek MK2 Cav bonnet.

That was a looong time ago mind you......

cheers
Paul

Now you're making me think back - at 20 I had a 1971 air cooled Beetle "Cal-Looker". Lowered, resprayed, bucket seats, uprated ICE, chrome everywhere. About 67bhp I think. You could only measure how long ago that was by some sort of carbon dating technique.

At 20 - how did you do that! ANd how much were you paying if you dont mind me asking? And who with ?

OMG i am paying 2k at 20 for my "only" A3. Only had my licence for 6 months so i guess thats why.

Any advice on who i can try when renewal comes ?

On my A3 its £980 but thats on my mum name last time i checked by myself was over £1,500 but that was in june and i passed january the 10th this year so that might be why.
Looking forward to seeing your mods on the ED30

Ashley

Now you're making me think back - at 20 I had a 1971 air cooled Beetle "Cal-Looker". Lowered, resprayed, bucket seats, uprated ICE, chrome everywhere. About 67bhp I think. You could only measure how long ago that was by some sort of carbon dating technique.

He He.
F##k, I feel old

Heres a quick picture of the PCV mod that I have been talking about, this blocks off the inlet manifold and you run the hose from the PCV to atmosphere, in certain conditions you will prevent yourself loosing 1-2psi boost when the PCV opens with this mod..

IMG_5425.jpg

Jonny

Wow, this mod astonishes me, in the fact that it actually works. I tried having an atmospheric release port on my last car Leon Cupra R 225, but it constantly threw error codes and put me into limp.

How did you discover it, and have you noticed any long term side effects?

DO you run a boost gauge to monitor the boost PSI max/min levels for daily driving?

AAAAAHH i wanna see the vid lol
WHY on earth did u sell it johnny ????? id of baught that :'-( i only got mine in Jan im gutted !!
im very interested in the pcv mod too mine seems sluggish a lot then exellent randomly its so annoying !! does it actually prevent this full time ???