JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: Engine Mounts

Boydie

Engine Mounts

Are these a common part to go on the A3 TDI's?

As you would expect, a tdi will judder around quite a bit but when facing my car..the left engine mount seems quite sturdy where as the right seems more loose

Is this a sign that they are on their way out?

Can you get aftermarket mounts or bushes for the engine?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Excessive engine movement is a sign of worn engine mounts but they tend to last a few years and high mileages before they need replacing.

Powerflex should do engine mounts for your car.

Boydie
    might look into it to be honest, the car is on 76k at the minute and is 4.5years old

1st Gear

Status
    It is suprising how much the engine moves around, when I've had my car on the rollers its shocked me how much the engine rocks backward and forwards. I'd be suprised if yours ar knackered with those miles

08 Ibis S3, REVO stg2+, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, ITG intake, BSH catch can, H&R springs, 19" MTM's, Lamin-x'd
    ???bhp, ???ft/lbs

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCharlie View Post
    It is suprising how much the engine moves around, when I've had my car on the rollers its shocked me how much the engine rocks backward and forwards. I'd be suprised if yours ar knackered with those miles
    An uprated dogbone mount bush or insert would sort out the engine rocking. I don`t think Powerflex do a kit for the Audi A3 2.0 PD unless a kit from another make/model would fit. Powerflex home page HERE
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    When starting or shutting off the engine, it moves back and forth quite alot.

Friend of mine said it's normal because TDI's are high compression but I have my doubts...
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten