Heater control madness

Mikey

Reaction score
Ive noticed from day 1 of owning the car from new that when i switch the heater blower control on or up a notch it stays like that for a few seconds then as im driving it decides to turn up the blowers up even more by itself when its NOT switched on AUTO. It can sometimes turn the blowers up to max level on its own?! Im sick of having to manually press the - key back to the level that I want it on. How can I make it stop doing this? It does this when the AUTO button is on and off. Also how can i set the climate temp so it changes both the passenger side and drivers side at the same time? Any other tricks for the climate too? i know theres some features?

Do you use both sets of keys in the car? I ask because it remembers your heater preferences for each set.

Press and hold the Auto button for about 3 seconds for the passenger control to slave to the driver's control. Just change the passenger side temperature manually to break the link again.

Cheers
Dan

how do you mean both sets of keys?! i only use 1 key allways have.

cheers for the info on the slave control.

right i did the auto thing for 3 secs or so and that works, thanks.

my blowers do have a mind of their own though. the blowers go up or down when its NOT on auto when i increase or decrease the temp. Highly annoying.

If you used one set, and say your missus used the other, then it would remember that you like the temperature at 22 degrees whilst she likes it at 20 degrees. Each key has its own set of stored preferences. Doesn't sound like that is a factor here.

Do you have 'Auto Recycle' clicked (the top of the three buttons near the passenger temperature dial)? With this on it will switch in and out of recycle mode as it moves the car to your selected temperature. Could affect the sound of the fan.

Cheers
Dan

If you used one set, and say your missus used the other, then it would remember that you like the temperature at 22 degrees whilst she likes it at 20 degrees. Each key has its own set of stored preferences. Doesn't sound like that is a factor here.

Do you have 'Auto Recycle' clicked (the top of the three buttons near the passenger temperature dial)? With this on it will switch in and out of recycle mode as it moves the car to your selected temperature. Could affect the sound of the fan.

Cheers
Dan

auto rec is OFF.

Mine did this too, its normal!

Even not on auto it will lower the fan speed when the air is cold and you want it warm for example not to blow your face/car full of cold air.

When the car has warmed a bit the fan speed will increase to warm it up!