312mm 8l parts to 8p chassis conversion

bluequattro

Reaction score
as above guys, i have been given some 312mm caliper carriers from an 8l s3 and wanted to know if they would fit onto a 8p 05 quattro a3? it looks like a fairly simple swap over i think, any help is most appreciated as always ;)

cal

is the bolt pattern the same for the 8L and 8P?

Im pretty sure they will be different carriers. Think you need carriers from the likes of the MK5 Golf GTI, 8P Audi A3 170, New TT etc. I could be wrong tho!

the 8L has 5x100 pcd, so the disks are no good anyway

the carriers, calipers and splash shields have different part numbers and the wheel offset is significantly different so i doubt very much any 8L parts are going to fit.

tt mk2/8P/golf5 are all the same though

thanks guys, i was starting to get my hopes up there! does anyone have elsawin that can maybe confirm this for me? ive ordered a copy but its not arrived as yet, and from past experience from eurocarparts ill avoid asking them about it lol, failing that i may just have to get the tools out and strip existing stuff and try new carriers on ;)

thanks again

cal

I don`t have elsawin but i can tell you they will not fit as the 8L has a different wheel hub, PDC and offset set up.

ok m8 thanks for that matey, ill be givin the carriers back to the seller mefinks :)

cal