S3 track tyre pressure ???

Kris

Reaction score
As the title says, any of you guys doing track days in your S3 what tyre pressure do you use .......... a couple of extra PSI ??

As the title says, any of you guys doing track days in your S3 what tyre pressure do you use .......... a couple of extra PSI ??

You want to drop it in the fronts a little - cuts down on the understeer noticeably. On track days I do 38 in the rear and 34 in the fronts. Any lower than this and the outer edge will get killed. Which track are you doing ? Depending on its shape there's a chance that ALL or most of the corners will be in the same direction so one side gets more punishment than the other.

You want to drop it in the fronts a little - cuts down on the understeer noticeably. On track days I do 38 in the rear and 34 in the fronts. Any lower than this and the outer edge will get killed. Which track are you doing ? Depending on its shape there's a chance that ALL or most of the corners will be in the same direction so one side gets more punishment than the other.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm off for my second visit this year to the Ring. Going with a mate who will be in his Z4M so should be fun to see how the S3 compares.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm off for my second visit this year to the Ring. Going with a mate who will be in his Z4M so should be fun to see how the S3 compares.

In that case forget it - I don't adjust for the Ring at all. No amount of tyre tinkering is going to make Adenauer-Forst any easier to get round ! Enjoy the trip mate - don't think I'll get there again this year sadly. Unless your mate is a top driver I think he will find that car a bit twitchy on some of those off camber corners. I certainly would.

Good old Ring eh, has just about every type of bend and camber to give the tyres a good work out! I have an healthy respect for the armco and trees, i just hope the red mist does not descend on my mate. 1st priority come back with two cars in one piece.

Just hoping now for some half decent weather as it was pretty crap in June!