Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Kris's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    220

    S3 track tyre pressure ???

    As the title says, any of you guys doing track days in your S3 what tyre pressure do you use .......... a couple of extra PSI ??
    RS Focus MP 350
    Porsche 997 Carrera
    S3 Sprint blue
    A3 SLine170TDI

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    As the title says, any of you guys doing track days in your S3 what tyre pressure do you use .......... a couple of extra PSI ??
    You want to drop it in the fronts a little - cuts down on the understeer noticeably. On track days I do 38 in the rear and 34 in the fronts. Any lower than this and the outer edge will get killed. Which track are you doing ? Depending on its shape there's a chance that ALL or most of the corners will be in the same direction so one side gets more punishment than the other.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  4. #3
    Kris's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    You want to drop it in the fronts a little - cuts down on the understeer noticeably. On track days I do 38 in the rear and 34 in the fronts. Any lower than this and the outer edge will get killed. Which track are you doing ? Depending on its shape there's a chance that ALL or most of the corners will be in the same direction so one side gets more punishment than the other.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm off for my second visit this year to the Ring. Going with a mate who will be in his Z4M so should be fun to see how the S3 compares.
    RS Focus MP 350
    Porsche 997 Carrera
    S3 Sprint blue
    A3 SLine170TDI

  5. #4
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm off for my second visit this year to the Ring. Going with a mate who will be in his Z4M so should be fun to see how the S3 compares.
    In that case forget it - I don't adjust for the Ring at all. No amount of tyre tinkering is going to make Adenauer-Forst any easier to get round ! Enjoy the trip mate - don't think I'll get there again this year sadly. Unless your mate is a top driver I think he will find that car a bit twitchy on some of those off camber corners. I certainly would.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  6. #5
    Kris's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    220
    Good old Ring eh, has just about every type of bend and camber to give the tyres a good work out! I have an healthy respect for the armco and trees, i just hope the red mist does not descend on my mate. 1st priority come back with two cars in one piece.

    Just hoping now for some half decent weather as it was pretty crap in June!
    RS Focus MP 350
    Porsche 997 Carrera
    S3 Sprint blue
    A3 SLine170TDI

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO