EM TuningVolks Autos
    Up the owls!

Status

Egg on your face!

Evening all.

Had an unusual experience in the early hours of Friday morning. Went to visit my mum who lives quite close to a main road, which is a 30Mph limit.

Some plum in a chavved up Punto managed to loose control of his car, hit a light and roll his car at least 5-6 times by the noises that we heard, finally coming to rest of its roof

He cut his hand up pretty bad but was mostly unhurt. Think he was more embarrassed for driving like such an idiot as most of the street had come out to see what was going on.

I reckon he must have been doing at least double the speed limit to make so much mess, he was lucky not to have more serious injuries!! Absolutley no excuse for driving like this in a built up area
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    didnt you add insult to injury by taking pictures of the car?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

S3 (8P)

Status
    Driving like a bell end in residential areas is my pet hate.
    Sounds like the little **** got his just deserts.

I live on a quiet estate where my daughter and her pals spend every hour of daylight out playing and when I see people like this hooning around on 20&30mpg zones it makes my blood boil.

Already had to fall out with a neigbours son because he needed to be told about his unsoiciable and dangerous driving in and out of the street.

What goes through these people heads.

I like to give it the beans myself, and occasional bend the speed limits, BUT Im very selective of when and where I do this.

`Other peoples driving` is a HUGE and very emotive subject.

my 2p anyway.
    Cheers
    Paul

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Already had to fall out with a neigbours son because he needed to be told about his unsoiciable and dangerous driving in and out of the street.

What goes through these people heads.
    isn't there a rule where if you drive a souped up ball of **** that you have to drive it flat out everywhere so that everybody will know that you have a supercar? apparently you also need to wear a baseball cap and a shell suit and have the obligatory wiry moustache.

It seems they have something to prove. You'll notice out on the road that it is these same people who feel the need to drive past you at what they think is the speed of light (really only 50mph!) so you'll understand that their big wing and go faster stripes give them about 1000bhp. I usually just wave them on (with one or two fingers!) and leave them to it.

I cant spell !

Status
    LOL think most of us have done the egg on your face in a car related manner.
    Know I did it (in 1998) when I went around a corner bit too fast in my 6 month old Alfa 155 and ran into the back of a Skoda that was stopped for some reason on the yellow hatchings on the road - no indication no nothing.
    Wrote both cars off.
    Police where mainly sympathetic, as where the insurance companies ended up a 50 50 fault.

Do agree with seeing lots of people driving these days way over the limit of their talents and of the cars abilities.

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    isn't there a rule where if you drive a souped up ball of **** that you have to drive it flat out everywhere so that everybody will know that you have a supercar? apparently you also need to wear a baseball cap and a shell suit and have the obligatory wiry moustache.

It seems they have something to prove. You'll notice out on the road that it is these same people who feel the need to drive past you at what they think is the speed of light (really only 50mph!) so you'll understand that their big wing and go faster stripes give them about 1000bhp. I usually just wave them on (with one or two fingers!) and leave them to it.
    Spot on mate.
    Theres one born every day.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Ive had my fair share of metal bending, its very easy to do.

Its the tossers that think (or dont as the case may be) its ok to play roulette with little kids lives around quite residential areas that I have a servere issue with.

Status
    I'd have probably punched the guy for driving like he did.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123 View Post
    I'd have probably punched the guy for driving like he did.
    He obviously thought it was coming as he brought 2 mates to our `chat`!
    All was well and I managed to get my point across loud and clear without to much incident.
    Was a bit of a giggle I suppose.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Consilio, i don't suppose by any chance this yellow Punto had OZ wheels on it? Superleggera's maybe.

Could be purely coincedence but some photo's popped up on facebook over the weekend of a totally written off Punto which had been rolled. Looked like a wedge of cheese as all the windscreen was smashed flat. The driver escaped with just cuts like you said.
    Maybe rolling Punto's in residential areas is common place?
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

4th Gear

Status
    whys this topic on the 8P section?!
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

Status
    I've posted random topics in the 8P section before just because i know the guys in here a lot better than in other forums. Just a bit of banter isn't it?!

For Sale:

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    Consilio, i don't suppose by any chance this yellow Punto had OZ wheels on it? Superleggera's maybe.

Could be purely coincedence but some photo's popped up on facebook over the weekend of a totally written off Punto which had been rolled. Looked like a wedge of cheese as all the windscreen was smashed flat. The driver escaped with just cuts like you said.
    Maybe rolling Punto's in residential areas is common place?
    Yep, yellow Punto. It did have aftermarket wheels, but no idea what they were. Could you send me the pics?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    whys this topic on the 8P section?!
    I was at the scene and i'm an 8P owner

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    We get them every day along our road - which is a short cut between two busy main roads - and they're usually chavved up hot hatches. The stupid thing is that it usually has parked cars either side,has two schools down side roads,and the surface is full of pot holes! I don't see how anyone can speed along it,they're obviously brain dead, with absolutely no thought of the consequences. Some twat drove at such speed recently,that i couldn't even tell if it was a saloon or hatch,it may have been black...and i was looking at the road at the time...i reckon he (probably) was doing 70/80mph

The council are now putting in speed bumps,great for my suspension!! Not.

The area has speed cameras everywhere,except this road! I know the speed humps should slow things down a bit,and are better for safety,but i'd rather they put speed cameras up to catch the sodsor at least a mobile speed trap!

Don't get me wrong,i drive an S3 because it's bloody quick,but i only unleash it when it's safe to do so,and never in a residential area.

Victor Meldrew moment over!

Happy and safe motoring,guys n gals!!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Yep, yellow Punto. It did have aftermarket wheels, but no idea what they were. Could you send me the pics?
    That would be an amazing coincedence if it is the same car! I'll see if i can track down the photos again via my mates profile.

Anyway, on the subject of driving 'too fast'.... It is a fact that fast cars are safer. Taking human reaction times and government speed limits out of the equation, a faster car e.g. a S3 can be driven at higher speeds while keeping total control safely, compared to in this case an egg box Punto. People seem to think that by adding a few mods to make the car look a bit faster it becomes a road hugging street racer..... No. It's still a punto and was never meant to take a corner at more than 12 mph. Accept it and don't drive beyond the limits of yourself and the car. Man i hate boy racers.

For Sale:

Status
    Right, finally found the photos! Is this the same car Consilio?

For Sale:

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    ooops...i challenge any detailer to sort this one out!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    ooops...i challenge any detailer to sort this one out!
    Should just rub out with a bit of T-Cut pal

For Sale:

3rd Gear

Status
    Kind of like this guy who turned up in my parents garden last xmas! http://www.flickr.com/photos/1194898...7603600809833/
    He was VERY lucky!!!

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

2nd Gear

Status
    ^ ^ ^ your parents' house is niiiice!

Up the owls!

Status
    Difficult to say but it certainly looks VERY similar. Looks like his right hand has punched the windscreen as well, which would make sense with the injuries.

Where abouts is the car, it should be somewhere near Chesterfield?

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like a plank went throught the windscreen.... anybody injured?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Looks like a plank went throught the windscreen.... anybody injured?
    Somehow he walked out of it! He was doing about 70 in a 30 when he came through the fence.
    It's all a bit of a weird story. The police say he called them but on the CCTV it shows them turning up 20 seconds after he came through it, and apparently he was the only person in the car. However there are 2 bloody noses on the airbags..... Someone's telling porkies!
    His mom came round and paid for all the damage in cash, and she dragged him round to say sorry . HAHA

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Difficult to say but it certainly looks VERY similar. Looks like his right hand has punched the windscreen as well, which would make sense with the injuries.

Where abouts is the car, it should be somewhere near Chesterfield?
    No idea where the car is currently but i believe the kid is from chesterfield yes.

You'll like this.... On this lad's facebook profile, his interests include: His car and 'getting smashed' with his mates. Oh the sweet sweet irony!!!

For Sale:

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    No idea where the car is currently but i believe the kid is from chesterfield yes.

You'll like this.... On this lad's facebook profile, his interests include: His car and 'getting smashed' with his mates. Oh the sweet sweet irony!!!
    lol, could you PM me his details? The more I see the car the more i'm convinced its the same one. Just trying to imagine it upside down!

Gotta love the internet