anyone recommed a good WINDSCREEN REPLACEMENT company

khalil

Reaction score
hi has anyone replaced there windscreen? if so which company have they used, mine has so many stone chips that i think it will be beyon repair, and if you had it replaced did the new windscreen come with the sun shade at the top of the screen (tint)?

Haven't you got windscreen cover with your insurance? Just had mine done. Had a crack in it and cost 60 quid excess but cheaper than buying one. Incidently my insurance company used RAC. I did have a phone around to see how much it would cost and Audi qouted me £280 fitted, went to Auto Glass and they quoted me. . . . . . .£500! and it wasn't even an OEM screen WTF! very confused to say the least and asked what the difference was and Auto Glass couldn't answer lol

Your insurance should cover it, mine got a crack in it, I paid my £60 excess to Autoglass who sorted it out with my insurance company.

When you phone Autoglass, they'll ask about your current windscreen, whether it has a tint at the top or any attached sensors.

ye i do have windscreen protection, i just want to use the best company , so is the windscreen, autoglas etc... use, is it OEM windscreen or are they copys?

Had mine done last week by Autoglass. They asked me many times to confirm whether it had the shading but mine doesn't. For the insurance xs I got a Splintex branded one but except for the missing Audi rings on the glass you wouldn't know any difference. They came out to my house within 24 hours and it only took them 45 minutes to fit it. The man with the screen said I could have got an OEM one if I had paid another £80 or so to Autoglass but this was never mentioned on the phone when I booked it. Audi wanted £500 from me to fit one.

I had mine replaced by Autoglass and they used a genuice Audi screen. No complaints, I did have to wait a few days for them to order on in though. Personally I would go to one of their depots instead of getting someone out to your place of work.

Only because unless it is a perfect day, few and far between in the uk, any moisture in the air can effect the sealent.

They also replaced the screen in Claires merc.

Oh and if you have auto wipers make sure you remind them when you drop it off. It had to go back for Claire's as they didn't fit a new sensor, not sure if it is required in a audi though.

J.

think you just need to make sure the new screen has the sensor backplate with hole for auto wipers sensor on back of rear view mirror that detaches

I wouldn't accept anything other than OEM audi to be honest. Even if ihad to pay a little extra - £80 sounds like a bargain!

Although saying that - im not having much luck with mine - its covered in tiny hairline scratches - they say there is not such thing as tough glass and soft glass but i'm not so sure.

Oh and here is an interesting fact for you.... glass is technically a liquid and never actually fully solidifies and becomes stable. A pane of glass fitted upright for a number of years will eventually end up thicker at the bottom than at the top as the glass 'sags' over time because it is technically a liquid (just!)

Dunno why i put that - just talking about glass made me think of it!

I looked long and hard for company that uses the best glass. Andywindscreens seems to know a lot about Audi ( http://andywindscreens.co.uk/audi ) and they assured me that the glass I'm getting is from the same manufacturer as the Audi glass with the logo. Do you know others who can get you that for a good price?

I no a man in Birmingham brand new windscreen also removal and replaced all in £140 bargain mate

I used Autoglass through my insurance.
A sign blew off a building at work one night and smashed the back window and cracked the front. It also wrecked the rear wiper brackets and generally f***ed up my weekend when it happened.
They replaced the windscreen with a gradient band as per original.
I'm not sure I would be giving much of a hoot as to whether it had four rings on it though, it ended up chipped and wiper swiped within weeks anyway and it will be to the required standards or they wouldn't use it.

had mine done 2 weeks ago by national windscreens £200 no problems