Things You Didn't Know Your A3 Did!

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Saw one of these threads on an old forum i was on and it was quite good to see what other people knew, little tricks, that your car can do with out you knowing!

Things like:

1. Air Con goes into recirculation mobe when you put it in reverse and also when you use the front screen wash!!!! (only found that out yesterday!!! :) )

2. The indicator sound that comes from the instrument cluster gets louder the faster your going!

:wtf: I know its a bit geeky but add things if you know anymore! :racer:

My Bose seems to get louder when the missus starts moaning....usually when cornering too fast!:icon_thumright:

Reactions: WEiRd Apple, RallyX and nezz
My Bose seems to get louder when the missus starts moaning....usually when cornering too fast!:icon_thumright:

Thats your ears evolving.
After a while the missus voice turns into white noise, unless shes talking about cars, footie or booze....which is rare.

Its an involuntary evolutionary skill thats protects a mans hearing an sanity.

Reactions: 16VG60 and nezz
I found a compartment under my drivers seat last week, after 8 months of motoring. :)

Reactions: nezz
1. Air Con goes into recirculation mobe when you put it in reverse and also when you use the front screen wash!!!! (only found that out yesterday!!! :) )

does it i never knew that, how do you do that?? meaning do you need to press one of the buttons before hand?

Reactions: Tezgreig

does it i never knew that, how do you do that?? meaning do you need to press one of the buttons before hand?

No both do it automatically! make sure your not in recirculation mode first put the fan on about 3/4 then do each in turn and you will hear a subtle change in fan noise! :yes:

Oh i for got the old setting for washing the car, turn the ignition off and then hit the wiper selector and the wipers will park halfway up the screen so you can access them!

I found out last night it was suprisingly easy to get lift off oversteer :whistle2:

Oh i for got the old setting for washing the car, turn the ignition off and then hit the wiper selector and the wipers will park halfway up the screen so you can access them!

I have seen this but didnt know why lol cheers!!

petrol/diesel filler cap has 2 slots in it
so it sits on the filler cap arm and not on the body work

An old one(new to some possibly).. press the AUTO button for a few seconds to link the two temp controllers, so the passenger one follows the drivers..ideal for people with no mates. Altering the passenger controller removes the link.

Reactions: m3dragos, DaFlux and PRCPTN
The boot floor has a handle on it to make it easy to get access to the spare, jack, etc. There is a hook on the bottom of the parcel shelf, you can hook the handle on to the bottom of the parcel shelf so it holds the boot floor up when changing wheels.

Reactions: PRCPTN
The boot floor has a handle on it to make it easy to get access to the spare, jack, etc. There is a hook on the bottom of the parcel shelf, you can hook the handle on to the bottom of the parcel shelf so it holds the boot floor up when changing wheels.
i always wondered what that was for. my mk5 golf had that too in that case.

I thought that hook was for your take away!

i've noticed that the little tray above the stereo is the perfect size for ****** all :laugh:

Reactions: S3DM
Lol...i thought that tray was the perfect place to hide the missus' credit card...it's about the only feature on the car that she doesn't fiddle with!

When you reverse,and your wipers are on,the rear wipe sweeps your window so you can see who you're about to run over! Wipers revert to intermittent when you stop (in traffic,or at lights etc),and also park in a slightly different spot each time you turn 'em off. To reduce wear on the screen apparently!:wtf:

Wipers revert to intermittent when you stop (in traffic,or at lights etc),and also park in a slightly different spot each time you turn 'em off. To reduce wear on the screen apparently!:wtf:

Actually I think it is so that the blades don't memorize staying flat in any one direction. So it parks the edge alternate ways.

Paul

can you imagine the tech guy who came up with that, avoid him at parties

Reactions: cooper92d
How about the very large plastic bag included in the wheel changing kit to put the dirty wheel in if you have to put the space-saver spare on to the car because of a puncture.

Dont think this has been mentioned - known about this for ages but the newbies might not

Hold and press your unlock button on your key and your windows go down until you let go

Hold and press your lock button on your key and your windows go up!

Reactions: Boarder.2k9 and nezz
ok Boydie as you know these little tricks maybe you can help me out with my problem.

From the drivers position i can alter all of the windows. Now my window will go up an down with just one press of the button. HOWEVER the rest of the windows have a mind of their own.

The front passenger window is a shocker, sometimes it goes all the way down with on press, other times have to hold it down. but most annoying is when it is all the way down and press it back up it slides nicely back to the top in one movement, but then it drops down an inch or 2 again.

and i cant stop it, so i press it up again and it does the same. Eventually it stops doing it.

is this a stupid feature or do i have dodgy electric. worst thing is its unconsistent, does one thing on day and another the next.

You can reset your electric windows by doing a series of up down combinations on the drivers side switch

I cannot remember them off hand but there was a thread recently about it - I just went mad with my switch doing all sorts of combo's and it eventually worked lol

Don't know if it's been mentioned before.

But was fiddling about yesterday with a front wiper control.
Now if you switch on your ignition on and switch it straight back off... flick the front wiper control down once.. the front wipers go into service mode... (stay half way across the screen) handy for cleaning too.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before.

But was fiddling about yesterday with a front wiper control.
Now if you switch on your ignition on and switch it straight back off... flick the front wiper control down once.. the front wipers go into service mode... (stay half way across the screen) handy for cleaning too.
Seems like you got way too much time on your hands fella!

i know its an a4 but couldnt resist trying the wiper thing, got soaked for nothing as it didnt budge, is this something that vagcom can sort.
why do some models have one thing and others dont?
my windows dont work from the keyfob either, my old saloon did.

i know its an a4 but couldnt resist trying the wiper thing, got soaked for nothing as it didnt budge, is this something that vagcom can sort.
lol!

Nearly all of these things are covered in the Owner's Manual, if only people could be bothered to read it.

I'm sure loads will know but some new people wont...

The little sun visor above your rear view mirrow thats hande when the large sun visors dont work, its amazing how may people dont know its there!!!!

is it possible to raise the wipers on the A4 with the bonnet closed or do the get stuck? if they get stuck then you should have the service mode feature. if they don't get stuck then there is no need for the service mode as you are able to service your wipers without moving them half way up the screen.

the mkv golf has this feature too and i'm nearly certain the 2002 and 2005 A4s had it too so there's no reason why yours shouldn't.

don't think it is something that can be enabled\disabled with VAGCOM though.