Best EVER Alloy Wheel Design?!

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Right folks, there's no point to this, just a bit of fun on a Friday afternoon....

There are a few threads on here currently about alloy wheels (most of them by me lately, sorry!), but out of curiosity what is your favourite alloy wheel design EVER?? :anbet:

Whether it's aftermarket or an OEM design by any manufacturer it doesn't matter. So lets hear 'em.

Cheers! :rock:

AZEV `A` (on a MK1 Golf)
MONZA IIs
CH`s still look cool

Mmmm, loads of old stuff that looked great back then but not anymore.

TSW Softline 5 spoke.
TSW Hockenheim
Pug 1.9 Gti (with lathe finish)
Various BBS Crosswire designs

I'll throw in a few of my own favourites:

BMW E46 M3
HRE P40
Original RS4's
Lambo Callisto's

BBS CY for me.

024.jpg

010.jpg

And the MTM one's or similiar.

dsc026052ef.jpg

E46 M3 CSL rears have the most sexual dish to them

Kerscher Carmonas / Borbet A's on a Mk2 Golf

BBS RS301's

Work Equips on a mk1 golf

Original BRM's on a pre 67 beetle

Getting carried away now!

The HRE P40 is an insanely good looking wheel. I've seen an S5 with some 20's and they're honestly the most beautiful wheel i've ever seen:

side.jpg

BBS or OZ have rarely made a bad wheel. I still admire the original 3 piece Speedlines seen on the Porsche 911 (964 and 993) RS models.
Agreed, alloys on my CSL (dished rear particulraly) were rather pleasing on the eye.

Schmidt Modern Line & TH Line
Ronal turbos

I like old skool!

These are one of my all time fav wheels

2403269726_1b4316a04a.jpg

Also love ATS classics which i have on my G40.

The HRE P40's are (imo) the best wheel for Porsche.
M3 CSL's are a favorite.
CH's are nice.
As are LM's.
The Alfa "telephone dial" wheels on the 8C Competizione are pretty special too.
Most Brabus 2-piece wheels look cool, especially the one's that are similar to an RS4's.
Any Lambo wheels are pretty special.

They are lush, look nice on my S3, are they expensive.

Mark

They are rediculously expensive. They are forged and CNC machined 6061 T6 ali!! In 20" I think they are about £5k!!
They are damn nice though. Our Strom wheel is basically a cast version of the HRE in 19", but no A3 fitment only A4, A5, A6 & A8. Well you could fit they but you would be looking at arch mods etc.

I'll add another to this list.... Volk Progressiv ME :hubbahubba:

This is a bit old school, but I always loved the Momo Arrows (5-stud fitment). Still look great today IMO!

Momo_Arrow_5.jpg

Personally I think BBS RS's are the best ever alloy design. Think God designed them himself :)

Totally stunning split rim that still looks stunning after being about for years.

rss.jpg
:drool:

Its got to be a BBS wheel design, RM, RS, LM etc etc..

Hard to choose but the classic BBS design is the best! Especially for the german cars..

I think the BBS RS has to be on something like this.
Some NEW 16" BBS RS I found a few months ago, could not leave them in the box.....

t_urbbsrs2_100.jpg

I would love a set of BBS RS in 18" for the S3, its never going to happen, but I can dream.. :)