Standard s3 rev limit?

Sohrob

Reaction score
As i didnt leave my s3 standard for very long can anyone remind me what the standard rev limit is?

Just wanted to see how much the GIAC has increased it by and more importantly as a quick way to make sure Audi havent re-flashed my ECU.

Also for all the owners with a remap etc how do you ensure Audi dont reflash your ecu? Do you ask them not to? (dont want to alert them to the fact i have a remap)

The dealers are a knightmare for flashing the ecu. VW would do my Golf everytime it went in, even for oil services and warranty work!

Basically they cant be bothered to check to see if the car has had the lastest software update and just flash it anyway.

I never made any special requests not to flash the ecu in case it aroused suspicion. It just meant that I had to go back to my REVO dealer each time.
Mine is in for its first service next week so fingers crossed.

Good luck

Paul

me again im now mega paranoid that my car has gone back to the "std" map as it doesnt feel that quick.

I remember that when i got it mapped the car got louder and had the flutter noise etc which it still does.

Are there any checks that i can do myself? as i got the car mapped virtuallystraight away i cant remember what the std limiter was,what it would do in 2nd etc etc.

Cheers guys

I had the same problem with Audi, they flashed over my GIAC map, put it into 3rd and do a long pull from low down in the revs, you will notice if it feels slower then, 1st and 2nd dont really give it away too much..

Jonny

3rd does still have a good pull as i recently tested it against my old ctr which was in 2nd at 40 and i was in 3rd at 40 and it pulled quite a bit on it.

Guess i have just got used to it :(

Can you guys help me to understand this then.

I have the car with GIAC + Flash unit.

Assuming Audi flashed over my stock map whilst in for work. Could I then switch back over to pump once back on the road, or would a new ECU flash make the unit & maps useless?

I plugged mine in the other day once I got bac kfrom the stealers, read the ECU it said "stock", so i switched over to "pump" and it seemed to work perfectly so I have to assume the ECU hasnt been flashed by Audi, is that right?

Can you guys help me to understand this then.

I have the car with GIAC + Flash unit.

Assuming Audi flashed over my stock map whilst in for work. Could I then switch back over to pump once back on the road, or would a new ECU flash make the unit & maps useless?

I plugged mine in the other day once I got bac kfrom the stealers, read the ECU it said "stock", so i switched over to "pump" and it seemed to work perfectly so I have to assume the ECU hasnt been flashed by Audi, is that right?

Now I maybe wrong on this one L60N, but my take on it is:
GIAC software is paired to an ECU.
If the delaer reflashes the ECU the GIAC software doesn't recognise it, so you would not be able to go back to the PUMP map.
You would ahve to get your ECU read agin and the remap updated.

I guess it'sd a security feature, ie, so maps can not be passed from car to car.
As well as a safety feature, ie the map can not be applied to a car that can not accept it.

That's my interpretation.... can anyone confirm?

Yes i'd like to know too.

Whether the unit would indicate whether the swap worked... I.e. you press read and a red light popped up or somthing..

i think it they re flash it then you have to back to whoever mapped your car and have it uploaded again.

L60N - I'm guessing it wouldn't let it flash.

One way to check, find a quiet road, get going and get in to 3rd and put your foot down on standard and then the same on the pump map and see if you can tell the difference.

I'm sure someone mentioned recently it's the best gear to feel any difference in preformance.

Well theres a big audible difference between the 2. The stock is all turbo whizz, the pump has some other noises which are not present with the stock map..