Oil Change Price?

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Quick question.

been quoted £139 inc VAT for my first Oil Change Service on 57 Plate S3 on the `new` service regime.

Is this right?

Im pushing for discount as its fcukin scandalous for just an oil change.

Am I wasting my time? Do I roll over, pay the money and drive away with the feeling Ive been mugged?

Im sure IIRC I paid about £95 for the same job at VW less than a year ago.

cheers
Paul

Was that from Wearside Audi..?

I know i paid roughly £210 ish for my first variable service... which was basically oil, filter etc

Sie

I've just had my first service (1 year/10K) quoted by Audi Chesterfield at £190 which is actually quite reasonable. I'd been quoted anything up to £300.00 by main dealers and even £260.00 by an independent!

Dealers charge around £80 for the oil so the rest is labour and VAT. Not a bad price for a dealer job though. You could ask if you can supply your own oil. Even if you bought it at the Audi parts counter, I'm sure it will be cheaper!! ;)

Good luck!

Thanks boys.

Suppose £139 isnt that bad then.
Mind you, its literally an oil change and nothing more.
Must be getting a tight git in my old age.

Price was from Tyneside AUDI at Silverlink, North Shields.

Hope the numptys dont flash the ECU when its in (they say they dont but its happens regularly), other wise Im back to stock and its a trip back to my REVO dealer.

Cheers
Paul

I've just booked mine in for the 10k service. Nottingham Audi (5 miles away) quoted £210 and Derby Audi (15 miles away) quoted £161 ........ Obviously booked in at Derby. Intersting was the fact Nottingham could book me in for the next day and Derby were fully booked for the next couple of weeks ...... I wonder why?

jeez brave taking your chipped car in to the dealer - if they clock it they may void your warranty!

Sounds about right - mine was about £130 for first oil change service.

About 60-70 quid for the oil and filter, then labour and VAT.

When I rang round various VW and Audi garages I was quoted up to £220 - I'm thinking they were confusing the Oil Change Service with the first Inspection Service

Dealers charge around £80 for the oil so the rest is labour and VAT. Not a bad price for a dealer job though. You could ask if you can supply your own oil. Even if you bought it at the Audi parts counter, I'm sure it will be cheaper!! ;)

Good luck!

I echo Johns comments!

I bought my own oil from Wearside and I'm sure I was only charged 55 quid for 5 litres.....

jeez brave taking your chipped car in to the dealer - if they clock it they may void your warranty!

Its fine, the dealers arent interested and dont have the equipment to find the REVO software even if they were looking.

If had plenty servicing and warranty work done in the past with a remapped car.

This visit is just an oil change, no road test etc...

Might not tempt fate in future and plan to buy the REVO Select switch so I can set it to stock settings for any major warranty or servicing.

Paul

I echo Johns comments!

I bought my own oil from Wearside and I'm sure I was only charged 55 quid for 5 litres.....

Asked for breakdown and oil came out at £67 inc VAT.

That must be the latest price to come from the `AUDI Random number generator`

Cheers
Paul

Mine was £160 for oil service on 57 plate S3.

It did include a 'free' health check though, and I noticed they topped up the washer fluid and it didn't appear on the bill.

Oil was pretty expensive 5 litres of fully synthetic castrol stuff..

Its fine, the dealers arent interested and dont have the equipment to find the REVO software even if they were looking.

If had plenty servicing and warranty work done in the past with a remapped car.

This visit is just an oil change, no road test etc...

Might not tempt fate in future and plan to buy the REVO Select switch so I can set it to stock settings for any major warranty or servicing.

Paul

Mine will be going in with my Giac map on, no point taking it off to hide performance mods as the big *** non-resonated Miltek sticking out the back will still give the game away i reckon :whistle2:

I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. There's more debates on here about "what if" and so on ......... bigger things in life to worry about.

My invoice is as follows:
1st AVS to Audi Specification - £114.81
AVS Longlife Oil - £48.41
Oil Filter - £5.00
Sump Plug - £1.10
Cleaner - £2.27
Service Lubricant - £3.39
Fuel System Cleaner - £9.95
Filter Element - £9.38

Total - 194.31 + 34.00VAT = £228.31

They even gave me the service lubricant and remains of the windscreen washer fluid to keep.

Mine will be going in with my Giac map on, no point taking it off to hide performance mods as the big *** non-resonated Miltek sticking out the back will still give the game away i reckon :whistle2:

I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. There's more debates on here about "what if" and so on ......... bigger things in life to worry about.

Indeed.
The dealers simply arent interested, they get paid regardless, whether its from us or direct from AUDi via the warranty process.

I had my last car delivered on the back of a recovery truck to VW with a knackered Flywheel and clutch, with the REVO software in place.
It was a big job, which was processed as warranty.
I got the car back all fixed and shiny.
VW dealer got paid and kept the workshop busy.
No questions asked, nothing suspected.
Everyones was happy.

That how it works.....for now at least.
(I will look a right **** now, if I ever get rumbled!)

cheers
Paul

Got mine done tonight for...............£0!

Did it myself with a mate, its a pish easy job, it will only cost you the oil, filter and some flush!