Looks; pre and post

richyc

Reaction score
I prefer the pre-facelift (yes I am bias obviously) but I think it's more menacing looking on the road and appears further away from the pre-A3 slightly more than the facelift vs new A3 does. I really don't like the lights either.

I meant 'S3' in thread title of course

Me too. The face lifted jobbo looks far better than the older jobbies.

Nice lookin motor again Audi, it just seems no problem to get the best lookin motors on the market.

I know a bloke who has recently moved from being a salesman (sorry "Customer Liaison Consultant") at BMW (and before that Land Rover) to Audi.
He says its the easiest selling job he's ever had.
Apparently people just walk in and buy based on the looks alone (especially TTs and S5s he reckons). Says he's never known as many people put deposits down on cars without test driving them - and he's been doing this for 17 years.
I find that sort of buying behaviour a bit shallow (and daft) myself and it ultimately means that Audi can afford to be complacent when it comes to the driveability of their cars. But that's folk for you.

:whistle2:...i guess that makes me shallow then!

I ordered the S3 as soon as prices and spec were available,and the test drive when it came in confirmed my apprehension.... i've had it 18 months now,and absolutely no regrets!!

I like both pre and post, thats because I dont think the facelift is radically different, few nips and tucks her and there, but not enough for me to like/hate it more than the pre facelift.

In fact if you had never seen an S3 before and looked at pre and post facelift, it wouldnt be obvious whish was the new `improved` version and which was the old.

Both fine looking cars.

cheers
Paul

I like both pre and post, thats because I dont think the facelift is radically different, few nips and tucks her and there, but not enough for me to like/hate it more than the pre facelift.

In fact if you had never seen an S3 before and looked at pre and post facelift, it wouldnt be obvious whish was the new `improved` version and which was the old.

Both fine looking cars.

:iagree:

Not seen the new S3 in the flesh yet but had a look at a new S-Line in the dealers today. I think the new one looks ok but not enough for me to want to change models. I also don't have a problem with the mirrors, a little bigger but i could live with them. Strangely enough i never liked the new S3 wheels in pics but seeing the 19" version (i think their the same style) on the TTS i thought they also looked ok. Horses for courses!

Both fine looking cars.

cheers
Paul

:iagree: