Milltek, Resonated or none????

gjrquattro

Reaction score
Im in the middle of organising mod's for my S3 and have now stuck on which Milltek to choose from. Which ones are you running and how do they sound. Im going for the full CAT back system for better power before a re-map. Just dont want to spoil the car with a boy racer exhaust!!!! Thats not the Audi way...

resonated

cat back for sound, turbo back for better sound and power

Im in the middle of organising mod's for my S3 and have now stuck on which Milltek to choose from. Which ones are you running and how do they sound. Im going for the full CAT back system for better power before a re-map. Just dont want to spoil the car with a boy racer exhaust!!!! Thats not the Audi way...

I just fitted my non res milltek turbo back.

Sounds very nice. not very loud too.

It will only get loud after 4000.

The power you can get out of the car after that is crazy. anyone will love it.

I LOVE YOU MILLTEK:kiss:

See, I spoke to Milltek themselves about this same question. All their S3 systems now sold are the 3", not the 2.6" and when asked about a non-resonated centre, I was advised that they are really really loud, too loud infact and Milltek wouldn't recommend it. Is this really the case? I had a non-resonated centre section on my M3 CSL and that was loud, but not overly and in a nice way. The S3 cannot be more than this surely?

M3 csl is loud from the beginning:whistle2: and you also get a nicer sound from the 6 cylinder engine

Hi
i tend to advise people that it is down to personal choices
But Resonated you can hear outside the car , but Non Resonated you can hear inside the car
I must admit , I have been driving and heard some really loud burbladge coming from some cars
It is not like that , but then each to their own preference
Maybe worth going to a meet to listen to some cars from inside before you make a purchase
Sarah

go on the milteck website and listen to the s8, thatl make anyone want one!!

M3 is all induction roar, but the non-res centre gave it that F1 scream and growl with the hi-flow cats also. I agree, the non-res centre meant it could be felt not just heard, but again, was not too intrusive when cruising at 80-90mph.