a3 roof spoilers??

Don't you need a different tailgate for the s-line spoiler? I'm nearly certain you do.

ETKA lists several tailgates for the A3 including some which are "for vehicles with spoiler".

I think Marc's right. I seem to recall reading that on here recently.

Just hold fire with placing an order. I'm just wanting to confirm something. Will update you in a short while.

On the Sportback you need a new tailgate to fit the S-line roof spoiler - I don't know if that is the case with the 3-door version.

Right, I've been in touch with a mate from another forum who had dealings with a company selling ABS kits from Poland (not a great experience by all accounts). He doesn't think they're linked to the seller on ebay (I was putting 2 and 2 together and came up with 5!).

I bought one from the same guy (check his feedback same username) I was in the same situation as you, should i shouldn't i. But in the end too the plunge!

Took a little over 2 weeks to arrive but he answered all my emails etc. Cant really fault his service.

Id go for it! Just pay using paypal, incase anything does go wrong you can claim the funds back.

aftermarket stuff will obviously be designed for the non-spoiler tailgate since you would more than likely not have a spoiler if you were ordering another one. The quattro gmbh spoiler needs the tailgate for vehicles with spoiler.

I would assume that the Votex stuff doesn't need a new tailgate as, again, you wouldn't replace your s-line\s3 spoiler with a Votex one - unless maybe there are two types of votex spoiler depending on which tailgate you have.

thanks for all the help guys, i contacted glasgow audi today and enquired about the s line rear spoiler for my a3, it will fit straight on with a bonding kit, im told by the parts guys etc, it comes in primer ready to paint and costs £145 inc vat, i thought that wasnt to bad considering the polish part is £110 and a copy, although im unsure of the polish spoilers quality, the guys feedback seems really good, ive got loads to learn about this car, having came from the veedub scene hehe, ill keep u guys posted

cal

hi mechanic, yes m8 im gonna go the oem route on this as theres not much difference in the price etc.

cheers

cal