Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Tinting facelift taillights....

I decided to have my facelift tails tinted abit...I wanted it to look similar to what the mk5 R32 tails look like. Here is the end result, well sort of(we may spray it a shade or 2 darker). Pics were taken with a cellphone so please excuse the quality...the job was undertaken by one of my mates. What do you guys reckon?

Last edited by Rabbit222; 25th August 2008 at 12:39.
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    what did you do/use?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    what did you do/use?
    The guy used black spray together with clear coat. I'm not sure what the process is like...I'll try and get him to either register here or ask him to explain the process to me and I'll post on behalf of him.
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

Boydie
    You can buy tint spray for your lights - I did this with my old clio, was ghastly but I added too much as there was no glossyness to the lights after!

I cant see the pics in work but I doubt I would do this mod as I like the new colour of the rear lights - they are darker anyway!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    I cant see the pics in work but I doubt I would do this mod as I like the new colour of the rear lights - they are darker anyway!
    it's just the white strip he has tinted Boydie. I thought the same as you before opening the thread. doesn't look too bad.

think I might have to get some smoked side repeaters now to finish the car off.

Boydie
    Hope you are lowering it first!

6th Gear

Status
    Hope you are lowering it first!
    well, what I meant was "to finish off the exterior lighting". obviously the car will never be fully finished, and if it is then it will be time to sell it!

4th Gear

Status
    cant say i can notice any difference at all.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

3rd Gear

Status
    The entire taillight except the clear area has been sprayed. The finish is nowhere near ghastly. Infact the taillight was sprayed with a light mist of black and then clear coated and then polished. If you look at the taillight it looks oem and not aftermarket. I'll be fitting them hopefully by Wednesday and will take some pics to show you the diff.

Boydie
    Rabbit - hope you do not think I said it looked ghastly as I was refering to my own work I did when I was 17 lol

I will see the pics when I get home but going by your currrent mods I am sure it will be sweet!

1st Gear

Status
    You can buy tint spray for your lights - I did this with my old clio, was ghastly but I added too much as there was no glossyness to the lights after!
    Laquer and polish sorts that out

3rd Gear

Status
    Rabbit - hope you do not think I said it looked ghastly as I was refering to my own work I did when I was 17 lol

I will see the pics when I get home but going by your currrent mods I am sure it will be sweet!
    No mate not at all, I took it as a general statement mate. I was also sceptical in the beginning but was impressed when I saw the tails completed. TBH, I expected the facelift tails to be a little darker and on the black they still scream at you...thats why I opted to have them tinted a bit darker...

3rd Gear

Status
    Somebody snapped a pic of my car at the Hot Hatch Fest this weekend...should give you an idea on how dark the lights are. The pic doesn't do it justice though...looks awesome in the flesh.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its funny cause with all the lamin-x going on I thought be nice to do the rears, I can see the difference when its out in the SA sun

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    obviously the car will never be fully finished, and if it is then it will be time to sell it!
    exactly what I was saying yesterday, when I finish mine i'll get bored & sell it, lol

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Wowsa, didn't realise the tails looked this dark...then again it could be the angle at which the pic was taken

1st Gear

Status
    car is looking wicked shaun
    when you selling me those CK's????

09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge

6th Gear

Status
    That looks really good rabbit... what have you done with the plate? surely that's not legal!

are your exhausts smoked too?

Boydie
    Legal? lol its south africa

When we were on tour playing rugby last summer, the cops would always lift us home after a night out, come into our chalets and drink beer with us haha they let us handle their guns and gave us bullets - so random!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    Wowsa, didn't realise the tails looked this dark...then again it could be the angle at which the pic was taken

now that is dark!
    Looks good though

5th Gear

Status
    Tad too dark but still looks good
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

3rd Gear

Status
    That looks really good rabbit... what have you done with the plate? surely that's not legal!

are your exhausts smoked too?
    Hey Marc! I had the plate smoked too LOL! BUT that is by no means legal, just for show.

The exhaust is still the Milltek system, I reckon its just the angle at which the photo was taken.

@ dbndude, LOL!

@ Boydie, geez man that sounds seriously suspect...those fcukers should be locked up for doing that to be honest!