Tinting facelift taillights....

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
I decided to have my facelift tails tinted abit...I wanted it to look similar to what the mk5 R32 tails look like. Here is the end result, well sort of(we may spray it a shade or 2 darker). Pics were taken with a cellphone so please excuse the quality...the job was undertaken by one of my mates. What do you guys reckon?

S5000846.jpg

S5000849.jpg

You can buy tint spray for your lights - I did this with my old clio, was ghastly but I added too much as there was no glossyness to the lights after!

I cant see the pics in work but I doubt I would do this mod as I like the new colour of the rear lights - they are darker anyway!

I cant see the pics in work but I doubt I would do this mod as I like the new colour of the rear lights - they are darker anyway!
it's just the white strip he has tinted Boydie. I thought the same as you before opening the thread. doesn't look too bad.

think I might have to get some smoked side repeaters now to finish the car off.

The entire taillight except the clear area has been sprayed. The finish is nowhere near ghastly. Infact the taillight was sprayed with a light mist of black and then clear coated and then polished. If you look at the taillight it looks oem and not aftermarket. I'll be fitting them hopefully by Wednesday and will take some pics to show you the diff.

Rabbit - hope you do not think I said it looked ghastly as I was refering to my own work I did when I was 17 lol

I will see the pics when I get home but going by your currrent mods I am sure it will be sweet!

You can buy tint spray for your lights - I did this with my old clio, was ghastly but I added too much as there was no glossyness to the lights after!

Laquer and polish sorts that out ;)

Rabbit - hope you do not think I said it looked ghastly as I was refering to my own work I did when I was 17 lol

I will see the pics when I get home but going by your currrent mods I am sure it will be sweet!

No mate not at all, I took it as a general statement mate. I was also sceptical in the beginning but was impressed when I saw the tails completed. TBH, I expected the facelift tails to be a little darker and on the black they still scream at you...thats why I opted to have them tinted a bit darker...:)

Somebody snapped a pic of my car at the Hot Hatch Fest this weekend...should give you an idea on how dark the lights are. The pic doesn't do it justice though...looks awesome in the flesh.

81cda9d851cd.jpg

Its funny cause with all the lamin-x going on I thought be nice to do the rears, I can see the difference when its out in the SA sun

Legal? lol its south africa :p

When we were on tour playing rugby last summer, the cops would always lift us home after a night out, come into our chalets and drink beer with us haha they let us handle their guns and gave us bullets - so random!

That looks really good rabbit... what have you done with the plate? surely that's not legal!

are your exhausts smoked too?

Hey Marc! I had the plate smoked too LOL! BUT that is by no means legal, just for show.

The exhaust is still the Milltek system, I reckon its just the angle at which the photo was taken.

@ dbndude, LOL!

@ Boydie, geez man that sounds seriously suspect...those fcukers should be locked up for doing that to be honest!